South Carolina vs. Maryland Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Elite Eight
Published: Mar. 26, 2023 at 1:39 AM MDT|Updated: Mar. 27, 2023 at 9:39 AM MDT
Monday's contest between the South Carolina Gamecocks (35-0) and the Maryland Terrapins (28-6) at Bon Secours Wellness Arena has a good chance to be a lopsided matchup, as our computer prediction projects a final score of 76-63 and heavily favors South Carolina to secure the victory. Tipoff is at 7:00 PM ET on March 27.
Their last time out, the Gamecocks won on Saturday 59-43 against UCLA.
South Carolina vs. Maryland Game Info
- When: Monday, March 27, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET
- Where: Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch every women's tournament game and other live sports without cable!
South Carolina vs. Maryland Score Prediction
- Prediction: South Carolina 76, Maryland 63
South Carolina Schedule Analysis
- The Gamecocks' best win this season came in a 76-71 victory over the No. 5 Stanford Cardinal on November 20.
- The Gamecocks have the most Quadrant 1 victories in the nation (16).
- South Carolina has tied for the eighth-most Quadrant 2 wins in the nation (eight).
- When facing Quadrant 3 teams, the Gamecocks are 7-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 47th-most wins.
South Carolina 2022-23 Best Wins
- 76-71 on the road over Stanford (No. 5/AP Poll) on November 20
- 81-77 on the road over UConn (No. 6/AP Poll) on February 5
- 88-64 at home over LSU (No. 9/AP Poll) on February 12
- 81-56 on the road over Maryland (No. 7/AP Poll) on November 11
- 74-58 over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on March 5
Maryland Schedule Analysis
- On February 21, the Terrapins registered their signature win of the season, a 96-68 victory over the Iowa Hawkeyes, who rank No. 3 in the AP's Top 25.
- The Terrapins have the sixth-most Quadrant 1 wins in the country (12).
- Based on the RPI, the Gamecocks have seven wins over Quadrant 3 opponents, tied for the 47th-most in the country.
Maryland 2022-23 Best Wins
- 96-68 at home over Iowa (No. 3/AP Poll) on February 21
- 85-78 at home over UConn (No. 6/AP Poll) on December 11
- 76-59 over Notre Dame (No. 10/AP Poll) on March 25
- 74-72 on the road over Notre Dame (No. 10/AP Poll) on December 1
- 76-74 on the road over Ohio State (No. 12/AP Poll) on February 24
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
South Carolina Performance Insights
- The Gamecocks average 80.4 points per game (seventh in college basketball) while giving up 50.4 per outing (first in college basketball). They have a +1050 scoring differential overall and outscore opponents by 30.0 points per game.
- With 80 points per game in SEC action, South Carolina is tallying 0.4 fewer points per game in conference games compared to its season average (80.4 PPG).
- The Gamecocks are averaging 84.8 points per game in home games. In road games, they are averaging 77.2 points per contest.
- In 2022-23, South Carolina is giving up 46.9 points per game in home games. Away from home, it is allowing 54.2.
- The Gamecocks have been putting up 75.1 points per game in their last 10 times on the court, an average that's slightly lower than the 80.4 they've scored over the course of the 2022-23 campaign.
Maryland Performance Insights
- The Terrapins' +375 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 11.1 points per game) is a result of putting up 79.3 points per game (ninth in college basketball) while giving up 68.2 per outing (276th in college basketball).
- Maryland has averaged 0.7 more points in Big Ten games (80) than overall (79.3).
- In 2022-23 the Terrapins are scoring 6.6 more points per game at home (82.6) than on the road (76).
- In 2022-23 Maryland is conceding 4.4 more points per game at home (70.1) than away (65.7).
- The Terrapins are scoring 80.2 points per game over their past 10 games, which is 0.9 more than their average for the season (79.3).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.