UConn vs. Vermont Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 16, 2023 at 1:40 AM MDT|Updated: Mar. 18, 2023 at 9:40 AM MDT
Saturday's contest between the UConn Huskies (29-5) and the Vermont Catamounts (25-6) at Harry A. Gampel Pavilion should be a lopsided matchup, as our computer prediction projects a final score of 78-47 and heavily favors UConn to secure the victory. Game time is at 3:00 PM ET on March 18.
The Huskies are coming off of a 67-56 win against Villanova in their most recent outing on Monday.
UConn vs. Vermont Game Info
- When: Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 3:00 PM ET
- Where: Harry A. Gampel Pavilion in Storrs, Connecticut
- How to Watch on TV: ABC
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
UConn vs. Vermont Score Prediction
- Prediction: UConn 78, Vermont 47
UConn Schedule Analysis
- The Huskies picked up their signature win of the season on November 27, when they defeated the Iowa Hawkeyes, who rank No. 3 in the AP's Top 25, by a score of 86-79.
- The Huskies have the most Quadrant 1 wins in the country (15).
- UConn has tied for the 21st-most Quadrant 2 wins in the country (six).
- The Huskies have seven wins over Quadrant 3 teams, tied for the 44th-most in Division 1.
UConn 2022-23 Best Wins
- 86-79 over Iowa (No. 3/AP Poll) on November 27
- 83-76 at home over Texas (No. 15/AP Poll) on November 14
- 63-58 at home over Villanova (No. 10/AP Poll) on January 29
- 67-56 over Villanova (No. 10/AP Poll) on March 6
- 60-51 on the road over Villanova (No. 10/AP Poll) on February 18
Vermont Schedule Analysis
- On December 20, the Catamounts registered their best win of the season, a 64-34 victory over the Holy Cross Crusaders, who are ranked outside the top 100 (No. 159) in our computer rankings.
- When facing Quadrant 3 teams (according to the RPI), the Huskies are 7-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 44th-most wins.
- Vermont has 22 wins versus Quadrant 4 opponents, tied for the third-most in the nation.
Vermont 2022-23 Best Wins
- 64-34 on the road over Holy Cross (No. 159) on December 20
- 61-52 on the road over Maine (No. 199) on January 18
- 68-60 at home over Maine (No. 199) on February 8
- 53-49 at home over Albany (No. 204) on February 4
- 38-36 at home over Albany (No. 204) on March 10
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
UConn Performance Insights
- The Huskies outscore opponents by 17.1 points per game (scoring 75.7 points per game to rank 29th in college basketball while allowing 58.6 per contest to rank 46th in college basketball) and have a +582 scoring differential overall.
- UConn is posting 73.5 points per game this season in conference games, which is 2.2 fewer points per game than its season average (75.7).
- The Huskies are putting up 77.5 points per game this year when playing at home, which is 4.7 more points than they're averaging when playing on the road (72.8).
- UConn surrenders 58.7 points per game when playing at home, compared to 58.4 on the road.
- The Huskies have been racking up 65.4 points per game in their last 10 appearances, an average that's much lower than the 75.7 they've scored over the course of the 2022-23 campaign.
Vermont Performance Insights
- The Catamounts outscore opponents by 8.8 points per game (posting 61.6 points per game, 247th in college basketball, and allowing 52.8 per contest, sixth in college basketball) and have a +272 scoring differential.
- Vermont has averaged 0.6 fewer points in America East play (61) than overall (61.6).
- The Catamounts score 62.5 points per game at home, and 60.5 away.
- In 2022-23 Vermont is conceding 2.7 fewer points per game at home (51.6) than on the road (54.3).
- Over their last 10 games, the Catamounts are putting up 60.7 points per game, 0.9 fewer points than their season average (61.6).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.