Stanford vs. Sacred Heart Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 16, 2023 at 9:41 AM MDT|Updated: Mar. 17, 2023 at 9:40 AM MDT
Friday's game between the Stanford Cardinal (28-5) and Sacred Heart Pioneers (19-13) squaring off at Maples Pavilion has a projected final score of 82-46 (according to our computer prediction) in favor of heavily favored Stanford, so expect a lopsided matchup. The game will start at 7:30 PM ET on March 17.
The Cardinal are coming off of a 69-65 loss to UCLA in their most recent outing on Friday.
Stanford vs. Sacred Heart Game Info
- When: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 7:30 PM ET
- Where: Maples Pavilion in Stanford, California
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN2
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Stanford vs. Sacred Heart Score Prediction
- Prediction: Stanford 82, Sacred Heart 46
Stanford Schedule Analysis
- The Cardinal took down the No. 8 Utah Utes in a 74-62 win on January 20, which was their best victory of the season.
- The Cardinal have the third-most Quadrant 1 victories in the nation (13).
- Stanford has seven wins versus Quadrant 2 teams, tied for the 13th-most in the nation.
Stanford 2022-23 Best Wins
- 74-62 at home over Utah (No. 8/AP Poll) on January 20
- 72-59 at home over Creighton (No. 15) on December 20
- 77-70 at home over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on December 18
- 72-59 on the road over UCLA (No. 14/AP Poll) on January 13
- 71-66 at home over UCLA (No. 14/AP Poll) on February 20
Sacred Heart Schedule Analysis
- The Pioneers captured their best win of the season on March 12, when they defeated the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights, who rank No. 133 in our computer rankings, 72-60.
- Sacred Heart has 15 Quadrant 4 wins, tied for the 22nd-most in the country. But it also has nine Quadrant 4 losses, tied for the 45th-most.
Sacred Heart 2022-23 Best Wins
- 72-60 on the road over Fairleigh Dickinson (No. 133) on March 12
- 70-67 on the road over Fairleigh Dickinson (No. 133) on February 16
- 71-62 at home over Fairleigh Dickinson (No. 133) on January 21
- 57-47 over Southern (No. 220) on March 15
- 69-58 on the road over Fairfield (No. 253) on December 11
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Stanford Performance Insights
- The Cardinal outscore opponents by 17.9 points per game (scoring 76.5 points per game to rank 23rd in college basketball while allowing 58.6 per outing to rank 45th in college basketball) and have a +589 scoring differential overall.
- In conference matchups, Stanford puts up fewer points per game (71.8) than its overall average (76.5).
- Offensively, the Cardinal have played better at home this season, averaging 76.6 points per game, compared to 75.0 per game on the road.
- Stanford cedes 58.9 points per game at home, compared to 56.7 when playing on the road.
- The Cardinal have seen a decrease in scoring recently, racking up 73.1 points per game in their last 10 outings, 3.4 points fewer than the 76.5 they've scored this season.
Sacred Heart Performance Insights
- The Pioneers have a +142 scoring differential, topping opponents by 4.4 points per game. They're putting up 62.7 points per game, 233rd in college basketball, and are allowing 58.3 per contest to rank 39th in college basketball.
- In NEC games, Sacred Heart has averaged 3.7 more points (66.4) than overall (62.7) in 2022-23.
- The Pioneers score 64.0 points per game at home, and 63.3 on the road.
- In 2022-23 Sacred Heart is giving up 4.1 fewer points per game at home (56.7) than away (60.8).
- While the Pioneers are scoring 62.7 points per game in 2022-23, they have improved that mark in their previous 10 games, tallying 64.1 a contest.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.