West Virginia vs. Maryland: Betting Trends, Record ATS, Home/Road Splits - First Round
The No. 8 seed Maryland Terrapins (21-12) will try to pull off a first-round NCAA Tournament upset against the No. 9 seed West Virginia Mountaineers (19-14) on Thursday at Legacy Arena at BJCC. The contest begins at 12:15 PM on CBS. Maryland is a 2.5-point underdog in the game. Here's what you need to know before filling out your brackets for this 8-9 matchup in the South Region. The over/under is 137.5 in the matchup.
West Virginia vs. Maryland Odds & Info
- Date: Thursday, March 16, 2023
- Time: 12:15 PM ET
- TV: CBS
- Where: Birmingham, Alabama
- Venue: Legacy Arena at BJCC
Bet with the King of Sportsbooks! Check out the latest odds and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook.
West Virginia vs Maryland Betting Records & Stats
- The Mountaineers are 17-14-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, West Virginia has won 14 of its 15 games, or 93.3%, when favored by at least -140 on the moneyline.
- The Mountaineers have a 58.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Maryland is 19-11-0 against the spread this year.
- This year, the Terrapins have won two of seven games when listed as at least +115 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies Maryland has a 46.5% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
West Virginia vs. Maryland Over/Under Stats
|Games Over 137.5||% of Games Over 137.5||Average PPG||Combined Average PPG||Average Opponent PPG||Combined Average Opponent PPG||Average Total|
Additional West Virginia vs Maryland Insights & Trends
- West Virginia has a 6-4 record against the spread while finishing 5-5 overall over its past 10 contests.
- In their past 10 games, the Mountaineers have gone over the total six times.
- Maryland is 5-5 against the spread and 5-5 overall over its past 10 games.
- The Terrapins have hit the over in five of their past 10 games.
- The 76.3 points per game the Mountaineers average are 13.1 more points than the Terrapins allow (63.2).
- West Virginia has a 16-9 record against the spread and an 18-9 record overall when putting up more than 63.2 points.
- The Terrapins' 70.4 points per game are just 0.6 fewer points than the 71 the Mountaineers allow.
- Maryland has put together a 10-3 ATS record and a 14-0 overall record in games it scores more than 71 points.
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users! Be sure to use our link to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
West Virginia vs. Maryland Betting Splits
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
West Virginia vs. Maryland Home/Away Splits
|9-6-0||Home ATS Record||11-4-0|
|5-6-0||Away ATS Record||4-6-0|
|79.4||Points Scored Per Game (Home)||74.6|
|71.6||Points Scored Per Game (Away)||62.5|
|10-5-0||Over-Under-Push Record (Home)||7-8-0|
|7-4-0||Over-Under-Push Record (Away)||2-8-0|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.