Heriford's Husband Requests To Stop Alimony Payments, Judge Says No

By  | 

A judge has denied the request to cease alimony payments made by the estranged husband of a missing Springs woman.

The judge ordered Bob Heriford to continue paying alimony in the amount of $2,500/month, even though his wife remains missing. Court documents show that Bob Heriford had asked the court to let him stop paying alimony to Debbie Heriford because the money is not being used. Bob Heriford's lawyer says that he is concerned that the payments would accumulate, and unfairly count against Debbie Heriford's financial settlement in the divorce. The attorney also says that Bob Heriford is considering what to do next in the divorce proceedings, since Debbie Heriford has been missing so long.

The judge is allowing Bob Heriford to sell a home the couple owns, but for now, any money he makes will have to be put into a trust account.

11 News learned on last week that Debbie Heriford's estranged husband was planning to get remarried, just weeks after his wife went missing. A blog posting on the Web site Missing Persons of America said Bob Heriford and his fiancé were planning a wedding this weekend. 11 News has since confirmed that the wedding planned for a Colorado resort has been canceled. It is unknown if the wedding is off, or just canceled at that venue.

Colorado Springs police have also confirmed that a car belonging to Bob Heriford's girlfriend was impounded by officers, and is now part of the investigation into Debbie Heriford's disappearance.

Debbie Heriford hasn't been seen since March 31, 2011. She and her husband Bob had filed for divorce but it wasn't finalized when she disappeared. She was last seen near her home in the area of Dublin and Vickers on the north side of Colorado Springs.

Police are now calling this case a homicide investigation which means they believe Debbie is dead, but right now they are not saying why and they have not named any suspects.

If you have any information regarding Debbie Heriford's disappearance, you're asked to call police or Crime Stoppers at 634-STOP. 11 News will continue to dig for further updates in this story.