We are looking for a talented video editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting.
Ultimately, as a film and video editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
• Videotape editors are responsible for editing videotape for 11 News programs.
• Editor is responsible for meeting all video deadlines for assigned shows.
• Constant communication with the show producer during preparation for the shows.
• Videotape editors are expected to edit stories to script to ensure the best pictures for the news story.
• Edit video from national feeds as well as tape shot locally in the field.
• Responsible for taking daily and special feeds from KCNC in Denver and other outside sources.
• Log and archive tapes from assigned shows into computer system and tape log sheets.
• Responsible for putting master tapes and feed tapes away after each show.
• Editor also rolls and maintains air-check tapes for assigned shows.
• Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience.
• Ability to grasp production team’s needs and specifications.
• Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity.
• Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
• Input music, dialogue, graphics and effects.
• Create rough and final cuts.
• Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
• Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
• Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
• College degree in film studies, cinematography or related field preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of news writing, show producing, and television news photography helpful.
• Demonstrate video editing ability through a strong portfolio.
• Commensurate with abilities and experience.
• Two years producing experience preferred
• Newsroom leadership experience preferred but not required
• Clean driving record and a valid driver's license
• This is an hourly position with no benefits and weekend hours.
• Employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory completion of the application process which includes drug screening
• KKTV E-Verify participant
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/careers#currentopenings or mail/email cover letter and resume to News – PT Editor, 520 E. Colorado Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80903 / firstname.lastname@example.org SUBJECT: News – PT Editor
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Media Group, Inc. dba KKTV’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.