About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and/or operate television stations and leading digital properties in 91 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
KKTV the CBS Affiliate in Colorado Springs, Colorado has an immediate opening for an Operations Supervisor. The Operations Supervisor will work in KKTV’s state-of-the-art control center and will oversee the day to day On-Air operations. The Operations Supervisor will be in charge of six employees who also direct newscasts and execute master control duties. The right candidate will assist in the development, implementation, and training processes of new and existing systems. Familiarity with the news production process, logistics, non-linear edit systems, Harris ADC, Nexio video servers, ENPS, Ross Overdrive are necessary, VIZRT experience would be a significant advantage.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage six operators who direct newscasts and execute master control duties.
- Manage quality control workflows to make sure all programs and commercials are prepared and ready to air in a timely fashion.
- Prepare and direct live and pre-recorded productions.
- Work with other departments including KKTV’s newsroom to coordinate and produce top-rated newscasts.
- Operate Ross Overdrive automation (including Ross Furio robotic cameras, Ross Vision series switcher and Yamaha audio console), and supporting equipment in KKTV’s Media control center.
- Operatethe Stations On-Air Automation systems, Harris ADC, VizRT, Nexio.
- Occasional Operation of studio teleprompter.
- Regular care and maintenance of equipment and studio.
- Work closely with other departments to meet daily demands as necessary.
- Team player with professional attitude and strong communication skills.
- Ability to multi task under time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong technical and computing skills.
- Previous newscast directing and master control experience is preferred.
- Experience with Ross Overdrive, On-Air Automation, VizRT.
Please apply online at gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.