REPORTS TO: Chief Photographer
MM Journalist – Photographer & Editor produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is engaging, coherent and meaningful to the audience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
MM Journalist – Photographer & Editor provides support to reporters and producers of the newscasts in a timely and professional manner. This may include gathering news facts through interviews, editing of video including reporter packages, live remotes with and without a reporter. Occasional duties may include creating and updating content or providing live updates through social media on the scene of breaking news. Employees are held accountable for all duties of the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
To be successful in this position he/she must be proficient with the various tools including cameras, audio equipment, TVU Packs, broadcast lighting, tripods, newsroom computers with duel screens and live pack gear. Must be able to work efficiently alone, have flexibility to work any shift and have the ability to understand and meet deadlines while handling multiple tasks.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
Two (2) years at a broadcast station, as a news photographer/editor, reporting experience is a plus, remote experience is desirable.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- The applicant must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Interviews with individuals or groups while capturing the essence of the story in a clear and concise manner.
- Anticipate and improvise while interviewing/shooting in various weather conditions and out of door situations.
- Must be able to lift, set up and operate video equipment weighting 25-50 pounds.
- Must also be able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- High degree of journalistic integrity and professionalism
- Proven ability to work well with others and to work under pressure
Only if you don’t have electronic access, please mail your resume to or complete an application at KKTV-TV Attn: Human Resources, 520 East Colorado Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Gray Media Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap or marital status. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your Equal Employment Rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washington, DC 20054, or other appropriate state or local agencies. Gray Media Group, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
KKTV IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All of KKTV employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory completion of the application process which includes pre-employment drug test. Gray Television Group, Inc. dba KKTV participates in E-Verify.