ABOUT GRAY TELEVISION:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KKTV is located in picturesque Downtown Colorado Springs in Colorado, and with breathtaking views of the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, it's immediately easy to see why people are flocking to colorful Southern Colorado! KKTV 11 News is the Breaking News and Weather Leader in Southern Colorado, and we always put the safety of our viewers first. With more than 65 years of excellence in the community, a multitude of awards including Emmy, Murrow, and Colorado Broadcaster's Association awards, and state-of-the-art technology, being the leader in the community is integral to the culture of KKTV. Our departments work together as a team to serve our community. We are involved with local non-profits like Pikes Peak United Way and Care and Share Food Bank, and we sponsor fun events like the annual Christmas parade and balloon festival. We work hard and we also like to have fun together. Southern Colorado is our home, and we strive every day to make it an even better place to live and work.
KKTV 11 News is looking for a progressive, creative thinker who can conceptualize, execute, and close revenue-producing ideas that connect our advertiser's goals to our digital products. This position works on the sales management team in tandem with the Local and General Sales Managers in business development for the station; specifically championing digital sales.
• Drive digital revenue growth for the station and company; take revenue share out of the market, and create new digital business - be a part of every local advertiser's budget.
• Work at a partnership/consultative level as an expert in digital advertising with account executives, agencies, and advertisers.
• Work in tandem with the Local, National, and General Sales Managers in revenue strategy, expense management, training, and overall cross-media revenue production.
• Oversight of all digital sales products, inventory management and pricing strategies.
• Ability to forecast revenue, develop and sustain a business plan to exceed the digital sales budget
• Management of the digital sales pipeline, including the formation of individual AE budgets and regional/national agency business.
• Coach and deliver sales presentations in tandem with sales people.
• Create strong business relationships and develop a sense of team with the Account Executives and assist with targeting, building, negotiating and closing deals.
• Brainstorm with sales people for creative marketing promotions that leverage the digital and broadcast assets.
• Develop and deliver best practices for digital knowledge among the sales department and clients.
• Partner with News and Creative Services to support the overall growth of our digital audiences through internal strategic objectives.
• Work with the corporate digital team on corporate led sales initiatives, 3rd party revenue channels, and group sales projects.
• Promote a winning, positive culture. Be a team player. Have thick skin, ability to sell up and down. Have passion for the business, your job, and helping clients to be successful.
• Ability to translate and communicate problems into opportunities. Creativity and nimbleness is essential.
• Presentation experience, excellent written and verbal communications essential.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, manage time wisely, and prioritize projects and people.
• Strong computer skills, proficiency in PowerPoint, screen sharing, Excel, social media, etc.
• The understanding of SEO, PPC, Website Development, Audience Targeting and any other non-traditional digital strategy is preferred. Some technical skills to work with ad tags, analytics, campaign tools.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of.