PUEBLO, Colo. The No. 6 seed, Colorado State University-Pueblo Baseball team will journey to Grand Junction, Colo. for the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference Tournament starting Wednesday at 3 p.m. when the Pack plays No.1 seed Colorado Mesa University, who is ranked No.4 in the national poll.
The ThunderWolves will seek their sixth RMAC Tournament Championship. The Pack last won the RMAC Tournament Championship in 2013, knocking off the Mavericks in the championship game.
At last year's RMAC Tournament, the Pack went 2-2 with wins over University of Colorado Colorado Springs and Regis University. They lost twice to Colorado School of Mines to finish third.
- The Pack finished the regular season 26-23. They went 21-15 in RMAC play.
- Gilbert Sauceda (Sr., Indio, Calif.) now needs only one walk to become the RMAC's all-time walks leader. Sauceda is currently tied for the RMAC record with 151 career bases on balls.
- The Pack's First Baseman leads the RMAC with 43 walks, 10 more than anyone else in the conference. Sauceda ranks 12th in D-II in bases on balls. He sits second in the RMAC with a .517 on base Percentage.
- Sauceda was named Second Team All-RMAC. This is his second All-RMAC selection of his career. He was named Honorable Mention All-RMAC last season.
- Beau Brieske (Jr., Chandler, Ariz.) earned First Team All-RMAC honors. Brieske leads the RMAC with 112 strikeouts in 2019, the most by any Pack pitcher in 50 years. He ranks eighth in D-II with his 112 punch outs. He is 7-4 with a 4.80 ERA.
- Dakota Popham (Sr., Colorado Springs, Colo.) claimed Second Team All-RMAC accolades for the second time in two seasons with the Pack. Popham ranks second in the RMAC with 56 RBIs. He stands 24th in D-II in RBIs.
- The Pack's third baseman shares the RMAC lead with 20 doubles this season. He ranks 12th in D-II with 20 doubles. Popham has led the RMAC in doubles each of the last two seasons.
- Popham ranks fourth in the RMAC with 55 runs scored. Sauceda stands ninth in the RMAC with 49 runs.
- Easton Adler (Jr., Mead, Colo.) garnered Second Team All-RMAC accolades. Adler ranks fourth in the RMAC with a .403 batting average. He also holds fourth in the RMAC with 16 steals.
- Josh Dahl (Sr., Glendale, Ariz.) ranks third in the RMAC with 94 strikeouts. Dahl remains the RMAC's leader in strike outs looking with 32 ring ups.
Scouting Colorado Mesa:
- The Mavericks finished the regular season 41-9. They went 29-7 in RMAC play to earn their eighth consecutive regular season title. Chris Hanks was Named RMAC Coach of the Year after leading the Mavericks to this mark.
- The Pack and Mavericks split their four-game series in Pueblo earlier this season. CSU-Pueblo scored 15 runs and 12 runs in their two wins over Mesa, the two-highest run totals allowed by the Mavericks this season.
- Garrett Hutson was named RMAC Pitcher of the Year. Hutson leads the RMAC with a 2.52 ERA.