(KKTV) - UPDATE 11/21/18:
Soon after this article was published a viewer reached out with a recommendation for a new number one. 11 News staff could not argue the facts. In 2020 there will be a Minor League Baseball team known as the Rocket City Trash Pandas.
After reviewing the logo and background for the new Madison, Alabama team 11 News has decided to crown the Trash Pandas the most ridiculous and amazing Minor League Baseball team name.
Fly high Trash Pandas, fly high.
PREVIOUS STORY 11/20/18:
With the retirement of the Colorado Springs Sky Sox and the announcement of the Rocky Mountain Vibes KKTV spent minute after minute for a total of three minutes picking out the most ridiculous team names in Minor League Baseball.
The list came together after a grueling debate between producer Anthony Prosceno and web Producer Tony Keith. Then Tony just slapped together a list behind Anthony's back with input from Sports Director Sam Farnsworth.
The list of the most ridiculous (and amazing) MiLB team names according to people with absolutely no background to make an educated list on the matter:
1. Akron RubberDucks, Double-A (CLE)
2. New Orleans Baby Cakes, Triple-A (MIA)
3. Amarillo Sod Poodles, Double-A (SD)
4. Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp, Double-A (MIA)
5. Lehigh Valley Ironpigs, Triple-A (PHI)
6. Hartford Yard Goats, Double-A (COL)
7. Biloxi Shuckers, Double-A (MIL)
8. Albuquerque Isotopes, Triple-A (COL) (Got name from The Simpsons)
9. Richmond Flying Squirrels, Double-A (SF)
10. Pensacola Blue Wahoos, Double-A (MIN)
Runner-up: The Fresno Grizzlies because they become the Fresno Tacos for their annual Taco Truck Throwdown games.
Cedar Rapids Kernals, Class A (MIN)
Lansing Lugnuts, Class A (TOR)
Modesto Nuts, Class A Advanced (SEA)
Las Vegas 51s, Triple A (OAK)
Idaho Falls Chukars, Rookie (KC)
Rocky Mountain Oysters
Colorado Springs Sky Sox
New Orleans Zephrys
Salt Lake Buzz