EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. (KKTV) - THIS ARTICLE WAS LAST UPDATED ON 3/14/19:
The information in the following article may be outdated.
Click here for information from the city of Colorado Springs.
Current major road closures (last updated 9:10 p.m. Thursday)
- I-25 was OPENED between Baptist Rd. and Plum Creek Parkway in both directions just before 3 p.m. (Colorado Springs to Castle Rock)
- Highway 24 WAS OPENED from Colorado Springs to Falcon.
It remains CLOSED from Falcon to Limon.
- Highway 94: Was opened from Colorado Springs to Ellicott at about 9 p.m. There was a "safety closure" from Elicott to Rush at that time.
**NOTE** Check the latest highway closures by visiting CDOT. Click here
Click here to report a downed tree within the city of Colorado Springs.
A Calhan firefighter tells 11 News the roads are impassable on Highway 24 and places nearby. Firefighters are having a difficult time reaching people. It's strongly advised that motorists stay home, as help may not be able to reach everybody due to blizzard conditions.
All Red Cross shelters were closed at about 7 p.m. on Thursday.
Search and rescue
Hundreds of motorists are stranded on roads, impending plow operations and overwhelming search and rescue crews. Drivers stuck on roadways but not in immediate danger may be stranded for several hours. The city of Colorado Springs and El Paso County officials are imploring the public to stay off the road!
Where to go for outage information
- Colorado Springs Utilities: http://s3.amazonaws.com/outagemap.csu.com/external/default.html
- Mountain View Electric: https://www.mvea.coop/
- Black Hills Energy: https://www.blackhillsenergy.com/outages
- Fountain Utility: https://www.fountaincolorado.org/government/city_departments___divisions/utilities/utilities_departments/electric/outage_information
If it's not safe for snow plows, it's not safe for you...