EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. (KKTV) -- Investigators responded to the scene of a home explosion off Highway 24 between Peyton and Calhan in El Paso County Thursday morning.
Detectives tell us it may have been caused by a propane leak. They say a gas leak from that propane tank caused a spark sending the home into flames.
When firefighters arrived they also noticed the back half of the home had partially collapsed.
According to El Paso County Sheriff's office the two construction workers were unloading equipment to start installing drywall in the home. They opened the garage door to start working and the home exploded.
The workers were taken to the hospital with minor burn injuries. They are expected to be okay.