Shed fire quickly put out in southwest Springs

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - Quick work by firefighters kept a shed and fence fire from causing significant damage to nearby homes.

The fire sparked shortly before 9 a.m., likely in a backyard shed, then spread to the fence. Firefighters told 11 News the fire melted some siding on a neighboring house, but otherwise did not cause damage to anything other than the shed and the fence.

A neighbor said the shed was "fully engulfed" before firefighters got it out. She commented on how fast crews had the flames under control.

The home is in a residential area just south of Cheyenne Meadows Road and neighboring houses are just meters away.

At this time, it's unclear what started the fire. We will update this story if we learn more.