The following information was sent out by Pueblo Police on Wednesday at about 3 p.m.:
We strongly encourage our community to stay home and off the streets through the duration of this winter storm.
Our Communications Center is currently receiving a high volume of calls concerning power outages, downed power lines, and traffic lights not working. If you see downed power lines or are experiencing power outages, please contact Black Hills Energy immediately at 1-800-694-8989.
If you see a downed power line that is sparking or causing a fire, please call 911.
We are aware of numerous traffic lights out, please treat these intersections as a four-way stop.
COLD REPORTING IN EFFECT.
Cold reporting means that if you are involved in a car crash, both parties can arrange a time to meet at the Pueblo Police station on S. Main St. within 72 hours as long as the following applies:
1) None of the drivers is suspected of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
2) No one requires medical attention.
3) All drivers are still at the accident scene and have their license, registration and insurance information.
4) No public property was damaged (things like street signs or utility poles).
5) There was less than $1,000 in total damages to all involved vehicles.