EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. (KKTV) - Multiple fire departments made quick work of a brush fire burning southeast of Colorado Springs on Tuesday.
"We're thinking it was a squirrel crawling across the power lines," Battalion Chief Bobby Martinez with Security Fire explained. "Got electrocuted, fell down and caused a little two-acre fire."
The blaze was visible just after 4 p.m. in a neighborhood east of Marksheffel Road and south of Fontaine Boulevard. Firefighters were in a field just off Rolling Ridge Road and Peaceful Valley Road.
The Security Fire Department is reporting the fire was contained and no structures were damaged.
El Paso County is under Stage 1 as of Oct. 3. Click here for more information on the burn restrictions.