Fire ruled accidental at west Springs adventure facility

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - Firefighters quickly got the upper hand after a fire sparked at an adventure facility Thursday morning.

A second alarm was called out due to the amount of fire seen when the first firefighters arrived but then canceled because firefighters got it under control so fast.

The fire was reported shortly before noon at what was an old church on the 1400 block of South 8th Street. The church had been refashioned into a rock climbing/adventure facility and was currently undergoing remodeling.

Smoke could briefly be seen from downtown.

Twenty-five firefighters responded and had the fire out in under an hour.

The cause was released Friday. Investigators say it was accidental, where conductive heat came in contact with combustibles while construction crews were welding.