Advertisement

Explosion at Colorado Springs mobile home park caused by propane tank

(KKTV)
Published: Mar. 20, 2019 at 10:06 PM MDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A propane tank caused an explosion earlier in the week at a mobile home park, the Colorado Springs Fire Department confirmed Friday.

"It literally lifted us off of the beds," said neighbor Alexis Christian.

The incident happened shortly before 10 p.m. Wednesday at Sleepy Village Mobile Home Park off Fillmore and Nevada. Our 11 News crew at the scene saw damage to at least one trailer, and firefighters confirmed debris flew into nearby trees.

The fire department said Friday that a loose hose connected to the propane tank "allowed enough low lying gas to explode when the heater used to keep the water tanks from freezing was ignited under normal operation."

No one was injured, and the residents were able to return to their homes after firefighters cleared the scene.

The fire department said it's crucial owners check their propane tanks to ensure connections and fittings are tightened enough and are in good working order.

Latest News

Latest News