Dog rescued from roof after fleeing illegal fireworks

Photo: Denver Fire Dept.
By  | 

DENVER (KKTV) - A pup was so scared of fireworks recently, he took refuge on the roof.

Denver firefighters were called to a home Friday night to rescue MoJo, who was stranded on top of the one-story house. MoJo is believed to have climbed a ladder to get away from the noise after fireworks started going off nearby.

"Crews helped get the tired pup down," the fire department wrote in a tweet after getting MoJo back on solid ground.

Yet another reason why fireworks should be saved for the Fourth of July and New Year's -- and should always be left to professionals. Besides all of the safety concerns, the noise can be traumatizing for our four-legged family members.

Fireworks are illegal in many major Colorado municipalities, including Denver and Colorado Springs.


mojo
Photo: Denver Fire Dept.


mojo
Photo: Denver Fire Dept.