COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - All criminal charges have been dropped against a developer accused of stealing from the city of Colorado Springs, the district attorney's office announced Thursday.
In a series of tweets, the 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office said that all civil suits against contractor Raymond Marshall had been settled, and "the majority of the victims have indicated they no longer wish to pursue further criminal charges."
Marshall, who at one time had been chosen to build the U.S. Olympic Committee's downtown site, has been in and out of court for more than a decade. He was indicted in 2009 for allegedly scamming investors out of hundreds of thousands of dollars. He was later acquitted in 2012 but was still facing allegations that he stole more than $1 million from three projects, including $600,000 from Colorado Springs.
All of the victims have said they agree with this disposition, According to the DA's Office. Raymond Marshall has agreed to make a $150,000 charitable donation. 11 News clarified where the money was going to, Ray Marshall's donation is strictly going to the Olympic and Paralympic Museum and no other entity.
"Given all of these facts and circumstances, all of the criminal charges against Raymond Marshall have been dismissed.."