Call for Action Alert: What to do about storm damage

By  | 

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) -- A lot of you are reaching out to us asking what to do about storm damage at your home. Katie Pelton explains what to do in this 11 Call for Action Alert. We have information on where you can turn if you have damage to your home or your property.

A viewer sent our Call for Action team a picture of tree limbs coming through the ceiling.

If you have a downed line, report it to your utility company. Always assume all lines are live and energized. Never touch a utility wire. Stay inside unless emergency crews tell you to evacuate. Stay inside and keep your kids and pets far away from it.

Click here to learn more from Colorado Springs Utilities.

Click here for Mountain View Electric Association.

If there's a downed tree interfering with your utilities, call your utility company. If you see one in the roadway, call the city or county.

If a tree falls down in your yard, it's up to you as the homeowner to clean it up. And, if your home is damaged, it's up to your insurance.

Click here to learn more from the city of Colorado Springs.

You can also report damage through to the City of Colorado Springs using their app, 'GoCoSprings'.

You can make reports to the county on their app, 'EPC Citizen Connect.'

If you need support, Pikes Peak United Way can help connect you to resources in our area. Call 211 for help. Click here for more information.