COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - A fourth employee at a Colorado Springs Walmart has tested positive for COVID-19, the county health department confirmed Tuesday.
El Paso County Public Health confirmed with 11 News that the employees all work at the location on 1575 Space Center Drive.
"This is considered an outbreak, which is defined as two or more confirmed cases within 14 days," the health department said in a statement Monday.
El Paso County Public Health sent out an alert Monday for anyone who was at that location between May 8-May 13. They are currently working with store employees who may have been exposed to the positive cases.
The health department is also working alongside Walmart to conduct an investigation of the situation.
It's unknown what departments the four employees worked in or when they got sick. 11 News has reached out to both Walmart and the health department for more information.
The store was thoroughly cleaned and disinfected Monday night.
The news of the fourth case at Walmart comes as the health department confirms three new outbreaks at businesses in El Paso County and a fourth confirmed case at a Colorado Springs Goodwill.
RESOURCES FOR COLORADANS DURING OUTBREAK
- For information and resources on COVID-19, El Paso and Teller County residents can call 719-575-8888 seven days a week. Monday through Friday, the line is available from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Weekends, calls will be taken between 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- The state has a toll-free hotline CO HELP for general questions about COVID-19. That hotline can be reached at both 303-389-1687 and 877-462-2911.
- Those needing assistance with financial services, food, clothing and household needs, mental health, and more can call 211.
QUICK LINKS TO CREDIBLE SOURCES:
- Click here for the El Paso County Public Health COVID-19 website
- Click here for the CDPHE COVID-19 website. The website includes a lot of answers to frequently asked questions from across the state.
-Click here for a list of locations giving out free school lunches to kids.
- Click here for the CDC COVID-10 website