Letecia Stauch is found guilty for the murder of Gannon Stauch; Sentenced to life in prison
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - Letecia Stauch was found guilty on all four charges, including first-degree murder, for the death of Gannon Stauch, and has been sentenced to life in prison.
The jury deliberated for about eight hours before returning the guilty verdict. Letecia had pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity. Gannon was only 11 when he was killed. Gannon’s mother, father and others took the stand at Letecia’s sentencing. Letecia did not take the stand.
With first-degree murder, Letecia automatically received a sentence to life in prison without the chance of parole. The judge also sentenced her to a second, concurrent life sentence for first-degree murder of a child under the age of 12, another 12 years with three years of parole for tampering with a body and another 18 months for tampering with evidence. The latter two terms will be served consecutively.
Gannon was reported missing on Jan. 27, 2020, from the Lorson Ranch Neighborhood near Colorado Springs in El Paso County. During the extensive search for Gannon, Stauch spoke with KKTV 11 News on Jan. 31, 2020. You can watch that exclusive interview by clicking here.
Letecia was arrested on March 2, 2020 in South Carolina. Gannon’s remains were found in Florida, as authorities made that announcement publicly on March 20, 2020.
Click here for an extensive timeline of the case.
WARNING: The arrest papers can be read at the bottom of this article; they contain graphic details.
BRIEF TIMELINE OF THE CASE:
Monday, Jan. 27, 2020
- 6:55 p.m., El Paso County Sheriff’s Office dispatch receives call of runaway child, 6600 block of Mandan Drive in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood.
- Gannon was last seen between 3 and 4 p.m. on the 27th
Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020
- Upgrade case from runaway to endangered missing child
- EPSO requests resources from NCMEC and FBI Crimes Abduction Rapid Deployment Team
Friday, Jan. 31, 2020
- Letecia Stauch speaks exclusively to 11 News reporter Spencer Wilson
Monday, Feb. 3, 2020
- Neighbor comes forward with home surveillance video showing a driver and passenger getting into a truck the day Gannon went missing, and only one person returning hours later.
Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2020
- Former 4th Judicial District Attorney Dan May is first seen at the Stauch home.
Monday, March 2, 2020
- Letecia Stauch arrested in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
-Letecia reportedly attacked a deputy and was held in a Kansas jail while en route to Colorado Springs.
Friday, March 20, 2020
-Authorities announced they believe they found the remains of Gannon in Florida and file new charges against Letecia.
-Letecia enters a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity
Monday, March 20, 2023
-Jury selection begins
Monday, May 8, 2023
-Letecia was found guilty on four charges, including murder
Copyright 2023 KKTV. All rights reserved.