11 Breaking Weather Team Forecast Discussion
Monday, December 22nd
- A Winter Storm Warning has been issued for far northern El Paso County from 4am 11am Tuesday with the possibility of ~4" of snow as well as 60+ mph wind gusts.
- A High Wind Warning has been issued for majority of southeast Colorado 4-11am Tuesday with wind gusts up to 60mph possible. Make sure to take some time today and tie down those outdoor Christmas decorations!
Snow showers will continue through the evening for the I-25 corridor and E Plains. Overnight we'll see snowfall pick up around the Pikes Peak Region, particularly for N El Paso and Teller Co.
Tuesday morning will bring a continued chance for snow across N El Paso and Teller Co. with very windy conditions. The snowfall will wind down and push N through the afternoon and winds will lighten, conditions will still be on the gusty side through.
Christmas Eve looks fairly calm with temps gradually returning to the 40s and 50s.
Christmas Day will be dry for most across SE Colorado but we are tracking a system to arrive late on Thursday. The best chance for snow on Christmas will be across W Colo. and over the mountains W of I-25... Areas East of I-25 could see some light snowfall Thursday night but the brunt of this system looks to pass to the N.
Friday will also offer the chance for snow showers to SE Colorado, but it doesn't look to be anything significant.
- Average High: 42
- Average Low: 17
- Record High/Year: 69/2010
- Record Low/Year: -13/1983
- Date: Saturday, December 20th
- Sunrise: 7:13am
- Sunset: 4:40pm
Satellite & Radar