Timeline and Map of Shootings
Timeline of Sniper Shootings
- 5:20 p.m. Oct. 2: Windows shot at craft store in the unincorporated Aspen Hill area of Montgomery County, Md. No one hurt.
- 6:04 p.m. Oct. 2: James D. Martin, 55, of Silver Spring, Md., killed in grocery store parking lot in Wheaton, Md. (Montgomery County)
- 7:41 a.m. Oct. 3: James L. ``Sonny'' Buchanan, 39, of Arlington, Va., killed while cutting grass at an auto dealership in unincorporated White Flint area. (Montgomery County)
- 8:12 a.m. Oct. 3: Taxi driver Prem Kumar Walekar, 54, of Olney, Md., killed at gas station in Rockville, Md. (Montgomery County)
- 8:37 a.m. Oct. 3: Sarah Ramos, 34, of Silver Spring killed outside post office in Silver Spring. (Montgomery County)
- 9:58 a.m. Oct. 3: Lori Ann Lewis-Rivera, 25, of Silver Spring slain as she vacuumed her van at a gas station in Kensington, Md. (Montgomery County)
- 9:15 p.m. Oct. 3: Pascal Charlot, 72, of Washington, killed while standing on a Washington street.
- 2:30 p.m. Oct. 4: 43-year-old woman wounded in craft store parking lot in Fredericksburg, Va. (Spotsylvania County)
- 8:09 a.m. Oct. 7: 13-year-old boy wounded as he is dropped off at school in Bowie, Md. (Prince George's County)
- 8:10 p.m. Oct. 9: Dean Harold Meyers, 53, of Gaithersburg, Md., killed at gas station in Manassas, Va. (Prince William County)
- 9:30 a.m. Oct. 11: Man shot to death at gas station in Fredericksburg. Investigation pending on possible link to previous shootings.
- 9:15 p.m.. Oct. 14: Linda Franklin, 47, of Arlington was shot in the head Monday night as she and her husband loaded packages into their car outside a Home Depot at the Seven Corners Shopping Center.
- 8 p.m. Oct. 19: 37-year-old male and a female companion were walking to a car in the parking lot behind a Ponderosa in Ashland, VA. when the victim was shot in the abdomen. The companion saw nothing, and authorities say at this point they have no other witnesses.
- 5:56 a.m. Oct. 22: Conrad Johnson, a 35-year-old father of two, was shot as he stood at the top of the steps of his bus.