Canvases in the Cañon Art Fair
Event Dates and Times
- Starts: 10:00 AM
- Ends: 4:00 PM
Starsmore Discovery Center, 2120 S. Cheyenne Cañon Rd, Colorado Springs
Artists from around the region will display their work, inspired by the natural wonders of the Cañon in particular and the Pikes Peak region in general. Included are pottery, acrylics, watercolors and photography.
Admission is free and we encourage everyone to purchase art for friends, family, and home or office. A portion of the proceeds from art sales directly benefits North Cheyenne Cañon Park and its educational programs.
Canvases in the Cañon Art Fair will have two venues:
- Helen Hunt Falls Visitor Center 3440 N. Cheyenne Cañon Rd, 719-633-5701
- Starsmore Discovery Center 2120 S. Cheyenne Cañon Rd, 719-385-6086
- Shuttle van every 15 minutes between the two venues.
Activities at Helen Hunt Falls include:
- Children’s stories read by local authors inside the Cub at the tree house on the half hour from 11-2:30. Daryl Kuiper will read from his book “Sammi is My Name,” about a little dog and his family.
- Watercolor painting, 1-4 pm
- Free guided hikes at 10, 1:30 and 3
The Art Fair and related activities presents a unique experience in a setting that has inspired historic artists such as Charles Craig and modern day residents such as Pard Morrison and Cono Pitinga. Event is outdoors and may be cancelled due to inclement weather.
For more information call 719-385-6086 or go to http://cheyennecanon.org/
Miriam Shane, Starsmore Discovery Center