Top Sports Headlines
Switchbacks FC Win Third Round of U.S. Open Cup and Advance to Face Colorado Rapids
- The Switchbacks FC won their third-round match of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open cup on Wednesday night defeating the Real Monarchs 1-0.
UCCS Eighth in RMAC All-Sport Competition Cup
- The University of Colorado Colorado Springs athletic department scored 610 points and placed eighth in the 2014-15 RMAC All-Sports Competition Cup standings announced today.
BRONCOS ANNOUNCE BILL WALSH MINORITY COACHING FELLOWSHIP PARTICIPANTS
- The Denver Broncos on Wednesday announced that Aaron Craver, Tim Cross, Nick Ferguson and Lenny Vandermade will join the team during OTAs as part of the Bill Walsh NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship.
Antonio Smith absent from Broncos OTAs amid criminal probe
- Defensive end Antonio Smith is absent from the Denver Broncos' organized team activities while prosecutors in Texas investigate a criminal sexual complaint against him.
PEYTON MANNING’S PEYBACK FOUNDATION AWARDS MORE THAN $1 MILLION IN GRANTS TO YOUTH-BASED COMMUNITY AGENCIES
- The PeyBack Foundation announced today the annual distribution of funds serving 144 community agencies in Colorado, Tennessee, Louisiana and Indiana. For the second year in a row, funds totaling more than $1 million have been distributed to community organizations supporting programs serving youth and at risk children and families.
Air Force names former national champion Blake Baldi head boxing coach
- U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo. – Air Force athletics has named Blake Baldi as head boxing coach, according to an announcement today by Director of Athletics Jim Knowlton. Baldi is a 2005 Air Force Academy graduate and was a Wing Open and national champion that year. He replaces Lt. Col. Matt Glover, who served as interim coach last season after the retirement of the legendary Eddie Weichers.
CSU-Pueblo finishes third in 2014-15 RMAC All-Sport Competition Cup
- COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (May 27, 2015) – With a program record 792 points, Colorado State University-Pueblo finished third in the 2014-15 Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference All-Sports Competition Cup, released by the league office Wednesday.
Reds end 9-game losing streak with walkoff win over Rockies
- The stream of players reached Skip Schumaker as he crossed second base on his game-ending double. Pitcher Johnny Cueto splashed water from a bottle over the scrum, christening the celebration.
COLORADO ROCKIES RECALL LEFT-HANDED PITCHER CHRIS RUSIN FROM TRIPLE-A
- Rusin is scheduled to be the Rockies’ starting pitcher Tuesday in the second game of the Rockies’ three-game series against the Cincinnati Reds after left-hander Jorge De La Rosa was scratched due to a cut on his left middle finger.
Air Force athletics announces major award winners; recap of 2014-15 athletic season
- Air Force athletics recognized several cadet-athletes for their accomplishments during the 2014-15 sports season at the Academy’s annual awards ceremony.
More Top Sports Headlines