Top Sports Headlines
Broncos Receiver Welker Suspension Cut Short Due To New Drug Policy
Posted: 6:57 AM
- Broncos receiver Wes Welker is returning to the practice field early.
Vikings Ban Adrian Peterson From All Team Activities
Posted: 6:17 AM
- After a day of public pressure from angry fans and concerned sponsors, the Minnesota Vikings have reversed course and placed star running back Adrian Peterson on the exempt-commissioner's permission list.
Darwin Sets Individual Record, UCCSWomen's Golf Breaks Team Record at CCU
- Alex Darwin shot a program-record 76 and the University of Colorado Colorado Springs shot a 314 to break the team record for a round by 10 strokes as the Mountain Lions finished fifth at the first RMAC event of the season at Raccoon Creek Golf Course.
Mountain Lions Second in Season-Opening Tournament
- Patrick Skakel led four Mountain Lion golfers who finished under par for the tournament as the University of Colorado Colorado Springs finished second in the season-opening Ryan Palmer Foundation Invitational at West Texas.
Kim sets RMAC tournament record, wins title at Colorado Christian Invitational
- Just two weekends into the 2014-15 golf season, Colorado State University-Pueblo women's golf junior Leina Kim (Saipan, CNMI) is already playing in midseason form.
MICHAEL CUDDYER NAMED COLORADO ROCKIES NOMINEE FOR THE 2014 ROBERTO CLEMENTE AWARD
- Major League Baseball and Chevrolet, the official vehicle of MLB, today announced that Michael Cuddyer was named the Colorado Rockies’ 2014 nominee for the prestigious Roberto Clemente Award presented by Chevrolet.
Truex Jr. Looking to Extend Jersey Boys Success at New Hampshire
- For the Mayetta, New Jersey Truex family the roots are deeply embedded at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, where three different members of the Truex clan have scored a victory at the 1.058-mile oval.
No. 2 ThunderWolves earn six first-place votes in AFCA poll
- Following a 47-21 victory at FCS-No. 15 Sam Houston State University Saturday, the Colorado State University-Pueblo football team earned six first-place votes in the American Football Coaches Association Division II Poll Monday, and remained the nation's No. 2.
ROCKIES RECALL INF CRISTHIAN ADAMES FROM DOUBLE-A TULSA
- The Colorado Rockies announced today that the club has recalled infielder Cristhian Adames from Double-A Tulsa. Adames (#10) will be in uniform and available for tonight’s game against Los Angeles at Coors Field (6:40 p.m. MDT).
CSU volleyball moves up to No. 8 nationally
- Following a win over then-No. 9 BYU on Friday, the Colorado State volleyball team jumped six spots to No. 8 in this week’s AVCA Division I Coaches Top 25 Poll.
More Top Sports Headlines