- Juan Nicasio scattered three hits over six innings, Carlos Gonzalez and Troy Tulowitzki each drove in two runs and the Colorado Rockies won their first series over San Francisco in two years, beating the Giants 5-0 on Sunday.
- Second baseman Jurickson Profar put on a power display, slugging two home runs as the Round Rock Express knocked off the Colorado Springs Sky Sox by a final score of 6-5 Saturday night at Dell Diamond.
- Air Force baseball dropped a 14-6 ballgame to UNLV in Mountain West action on Senior Day Saturday afternoon at Falcon Field. The loss dropped the Falcons to 15-37, 7-23 and improved the Rebels to 36-18, 18-12.
- Michael Cuddyer says he doubts his neck will bother him again this season after getting an epidural that relieved pain and stiffness and allowed him to return to throwing and taking batting practice Saturday.
- The New York Yankees have acquired infielder Reid Brignac from the Colorado Rockies for cash, adding a left-handed bat to the group of backups filling in for the team's injured stars.
- ordan Pacheco hit a tiebreaking grand slam in the fifth and Carlos Gonzalez added a solo homer, helping the Colorado Rockies hold on for a 10-9 win over San Francisco on Friday night that snapped a 10-game skid against the Giants.