Top Sports Headlines
Rollins gets key hits, Phillies beat Rockies 10-9
- Jimmy Rollins homered early, then hit a go-ahead single in the eighth inning that sent the Philadelphia Phillies past the Colorado Rockies 10-9 Sunday.
Friedrich Tosses Seven One-Hit Innings, Sky Sox defeat Zephyrs
- Led by a great starting performance by LHP Christian Friedrich and just enough offense, the Colorado Springs Sky Sox (7-9) won the second of a four-game set in New Orleans, 2-0.
Landeskog leads Avs to 4-2 win over Wild
- Gabriel Landeskog scored twice and Semyon Varlamov stopped 30 shots, lifting the Colorado Avalanche to a 4-2 victory over the Minnesota Wild on Saturday night and a 2-0 series lead.
Lyles' pitching, reversed call key Rockies' win
- Jordan Lyles pitched effectively into the eighth inning and Colorado was aided by a reversed call that produced its first run in the Rockies' 3-1 win over the Philadelphia Phillies on Saturday night.
Rapids, Earthquakes play to scoreless tie
- Alan Gordon hit the crossbar in the opening minute for San Jose and that was as close as the Earthquakes and the Colorado Rapids got to scoring in their 0-0 draw Saturday.
Air Force Baseball Sweeps #20 UNLV With 7-6 Win
- Air Force baseball maintains its red hot streak, completing a series sweep of #20 UNLV with a 7-6 win in a Mountain West game Saturday at Falcon Field. The Falcons have now won five in a row and eight of their last nine.
Soto pitching, quick offensive start allow Pack to complete first sweep of '14
- Victor Soto pitched seven innings of 3-hit, shutout ball while the top three hitters in the Pack lineup went a combined 7-for-12 to lead the Colorado State University-Pueblo ThunderWolves to a 6-0 victory over visiting Metro State University
Air Force Falls Short Against Ohio State, 8-6
- In its final ECAC contest of the regular season, the Air Force lacrosse team dropped an 8-6 road decision to Ohio State Saturday afternoon at Ohio Stadium.
Tulo backs Chatwood and Rockies beat Phillies 12-1
- Troy Tulowitzki set up his big day at the plate in his first appearance.
Sky Sox walk off for second night in a row, beat OKC, 10-9
- For the third time during the first home stand of the year, and second in as many nights, the Sky Sox (7-8) walked off winners and beat the Oklahoma City RedHawks, 10-9.
More Top Sports Headlines