Top Sports Headlines
Iginla helps Avalanche beat Red Wings 2-1 in shootout
- Jarome Iginla scored in the ninth shootout round to lift the Colorado Avalanche to a 2-1 victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday night.
Gallinari out after tearing meniscus in right knee
- Nuggets forward Danilo Gallinari has a torn meniscus in his right knee and is expected to soon undergo surgery.
#4 UCCS Remains Undefeated in 93-73 Win at Western NM
- Alex Welsh scored a season-high 28 points and recorded a season-high 14 rebounds as No. 4 University of Colorado Colorado Springs improved to 12-0 in a 93-73 win at Western New Mexico tonight. Derrick White scored 23 points with nine rebounds, nine assists and six blocked shots.
Air Force beats Western Michigan 38-24 in Potato Bowl
- Shayne Davern ran for a career-high 101 yards and two touchdowns and Air Force beat Western Michigan 38-24 in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl on a soggy Saturday night.
UC Davis pulls away from Air Force in 81-75 win
- Corey Hawkins scored 22 points, Josh Fox added 19 more and UC Davis pulled away with a 16-2 run in the second half for an 81-75 win over Air Force on Saturday.
CSU-Pueblo wins D2 Football National Championship
- The Colorado State University-Pueblo football team capped a storybook season, blanking Minnesota State University, Mankato, 13-0, to win its first NCAA Division II National Championship in program history.
QB Travis Wilson scores 4 times as Utah sinks Colorado St. in Vegas
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson ran for three touchdowns and passed for another Saturday, leading the No. 22 Utes to a 45-10 rout of Colorado State in the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl.
Nuggets hang on to beat Clippers 109-106
- Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari hit successive 3-pointers late in the fourth quarter, and the Denver Nuggets regrouped after blowing a 16-point halftime lead to beat the Los Angeles Clippers 109-106 on Friday night.
Bejarano leads Colorado State past Denver, 85-84
- Daniel Bejarano had 25 points, including a career-high six 3-pointers, and Tiel Daniels added 20, helping Colorado State extend its winning streak to 11 games by beating Denver 85-84 on Friday night.
#4 UCCS Wins Program-Record 11th Straight at Highlands
- Kendall Godley provided the first University of Colorado Colorado Springs lead of the game with eight seconds before halftime and the No. 4 Mountain Lions opened the second half on a 12-2 run to take a 99-71 victory at New Mexico Highlands (1-7 / 1-4 RMAC) tonight.
More Top Sports Headlines