Top Sports Headlines
Morales leads Rockies to 2-1 win over Giants
- Nolan Arenado hit a go-ahead homer leading off the fifth and Franklin Morales outdueled Madison Bumgarner, lifting the Colorado Rockies to a 2-1 win over the San Francisco Giants on Tuesday night.
O'Reilly finalist for Lady Byng Trophy
- New York Rangers forward Martin St. Louis, San Jose Sharks forward Patrick Marleau and Colorado Avalanche forward Ryan O'Reilly are finalists for the Lady Byng Trophy.
Late Home Run Rallies Air Force Baseball Past Northern Colorado
- Air Force baseball extended its win streak to six games with a come-from-behind 11-10 win over Northern Colorado in a non-conference game Tuesday at Falcon Field. Tyler Jones hit a three-run home run in the eighth inning to rally the Falcons to their longest winning streak in 12 years.
Zephyrs Come From Behind to Defeat Sky Sox 7-2
- Despite trailing much of the game, the New Orleans Zephyrs came up with a big eighth inning to beat the Colorado Springs Sky Sox, 7-2, on Tuesday in New Orleans and split the four-game series heading into a league off day.
Avalanche, Wild brace for absence of Barrie, Cooke
- Minnesota Wild left wing Matt Cooke has been summoned for a hearing at the NHL office in New York regarding his kneeing penalty that injured Colorado Avalanche defenseman Tyson Barrie.
Rockies hit 5 homers in 8-2 win over Giants
- Charlie Blackmon hit two of Colorado's five homers and Jorge De La Rosa threw five efficient innings, lifting the Rockies to an 8-2 victory over the San Francisco Giants on Monday night.
Sky Sox Win Pitcher's Duel 2-1 Over Zephyrs
- The Colorado Springs Sky Sox (9-9) edged the New Orleans Zephyrs (6-13) by the score of 2-1 on Monday night and moved back to .500 on the season in the process.
Avalanche lose defenseman Barrie for 4 to 6 weeks
- Colorado Avalanche defenseman Tyson Barrie will miss the rest of the first-round playoff series against Minnesota and more.
Granlund gives Wild 1-0 win in Game 3 over Avs
- Mikael Granlund's diving swing at his own rebound 5:08 into overtime gave the Minnesota Wild a 1-0 win over Semyon Varlamov and the Colorado Avalanche in Game 3 on Monday to pull within 2-1 in the best-of-seven series.
ROCKIES PLACE OF MICHAEL CUDDYER ON 15-DAY DL
- The Colorado Rockies announced today that the club has placed outfielder Michael Cuddyer on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to April 18)
More Top Sports Headlines