Top Sports Headlines
Paul Stastny ties it late in regulation, then lifts Avs to OT win vs. Wild
- Paul Stastny scored 7:27 into overtime after tying the game with 13.4 seconds remaining in regulation, lifting the Colorado Avalanche to a 5-4 win over the Minnesota Wild in the opener of the Western Conference quarterfinals on Thursday night.
McBride hits walk-off sac-fly; Matzek tosses 6 shutout innings in 3-2 win
- Strong pitching kept both teams in the ballgame, but it was RF Matt McBride’s sacrifice fly in the bottom of the 11th that gave the Colorado Springs Sky Sox (6-8) a 3-2 win over the visiting Oklahoma City RedHawks (10-5) on a chilly Thursday night.
Seventh-inning rally lifts Pack to 7-4 win over Metro State
- Back-to-back-to-back RBI singles by Mike Wagner (Jr., Golden, Colo.), Evan Kenebrew (Sr., Colorado Springs, Colo.) and JJ Ortiz (Pueblo, Colo.) propelled the Colorado State University-Pueblo baseball team to a 4-run seventh inning and an eventual 7-4 Thursday night win over visiting Metro State University in the first of a 4-game Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference series at Rawlings Field.
CC Women's lacrosse rallies for win at Drew
- Colorado College extended its winning streak to seven games and bolstered its NCAA Tournament resume by rallying for a 17-14 victory at Drew University on Thursday afternoon.
Andy Moore Named Assistant Men's Basketball Coach at Air Force
- Air Force men’s basketball coach Dave Pilipovich announced today that Andy Moore has joined the program as an assistant coach. Moore replaces Silvey Dominguez, who resigned earlier this month to become an assistant coach at Washington State.
CSUP Football Spring Game Set For Friday Evening
- The Colorado State University-Pueblo football program will host their own F.A.C. (Friday Afternoon Club) event when the Pack will divide their squad into Red & Blue teams for their annual Spring Game at the Neta & Eddie DeRose ThunderBowl.
Pack softball make initial set of NCAA Regional Rankings
- The Colorado State University-Pueblo ThunderWolf softball team is ranked tenth in the initial set of NCAA Division II South Central Regional rankings, which will eventually determine the at-large selections and seedings for the NCAA Tournament.
Four more Air Force football games selected for national television
- Four more Air Force football games have been selected for national television, according to the Mountain West Conference.
Crawford's 41 points leads Warriors over Nuggets
- Jordan Crawford scored a career-high 41 points and Harrison Barnes added 30 as a squad of Golden State backups beat the Denver Nuggets 116-112 Wednesday night.
Cashner solid in Padres' 4-2 win over Rockies
- Andrew Cashner pitched into the eighth inning and Chris Denorfia drove in two runs to lift the San Diego Padres to a 4-2 win over the Colorado Rockies on Wednesday night
More Top Sports Headlines