Top Sports Headlines
Colorado College Adds Eight to Incoming Hockey Class
- Colorado College hockey coach Mike Haviland announced that eight players have signed a National Letter of Intent to attend and play hockey at CC in 2016-17.
Sky Sox Rally To Take Finale 6-4
- In their series finale against the Round Rock Express, the Colorado Springs Sky Sox offense erupted for three late runs to defeat the Express 6-4 on Thursday afternoon in front of an energetic crowd of 5,458 at Security Service Field.
Broncos Mile High Salute to Fans set for Stop in La Junta
- The fourth annual Mile High Salute to Fans Tour, presented by U.S. Bank and supported by Lazydays RV and El Pomar Foundation, hits the road again this week with its fourth stop in La Junta on Friday at Otero Junior College’s Rattler Field from 4:30-6 p.m.
CU Golfers Returning to NCAA Regionals for Fourth Straight Year
- It was close as can be, but the University of Colorado men’s golf team was invited to the NCAA Championships for the fourth straight season Tuesday, as the Buffaloes will participate in the South/Alabama Regional which begins next Monday, May 16, in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Former CSU-Pueblo Lineman gets Chance with Falcons
- Former Colorado State University-Pueblo football All-American offensive lineman Zach Martinez (Redlands, Calif.) begins his National Football League tryout Thursday at the Atlanta Falcons Rookie Mini-Camp.
Late Goals Not Enough to Edge LA Galaxy II
- The Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC fell 3-2 to La Galaxy II Wednesday Night behind a Scott Mc Bean hat trick, in the first of their two game road trip to California.
Chatwood leads Rockies to 2-0 win, Padres' 8th shutout
- Tyler Chatwood pitched three-hit ball for eight innings to lead the Colorado Rockies over San Diego 2-0 Wednesday, the Padres' eighth shutout loss in 28 games this season.
CC’s Anthony Weber Named SCAC Men’s Tennis Co-Coach of the Year
- Colorado College tennis coach Anthony Weber and junior Jason Gutierrez were honored by the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference as the Men’s Tennis Co-Coach and all-SCAC selection, respectively.
Sky Sox Edged 6-5 By Express
- On Wednesday afternoon, the Colorado Springs Sky Sox and Round Rock Express played a spirited battle in front of an energetic crowd of 5,073 at Security Service Field. Unfortunately for the home crowd, the visiting Express held on to win 6-5.
Kemp, Wallace power Padres to 6-3 win over Rockies
- Matt Kemp and Brett Wallace hit back-to-back home runs and Andrew Cashner recovered from a shaky first inning to lead the San Diego Padres to a 6-3 victory over the Colorado Rockies on Tuesday night.
More Top Sports Headlines