If you are planning on making a New Year's resolution about your heath and fitness, here is a list of tips that can help keep you on track.
These tips are courtesy of 24 Hour Fitness personal trainer Jerod Langness:
1. Do ask for help.
24 Hour Fitness knows that fitness is different for everyone, so feel free to stop by and meet knowledgeable personal trainers who can assist you in in making the right fitness choices.
Our personal trainers can help you:
- Learn how to get on track the fastest and to stay on track.
- Learn how to progress safely through your program to prevent injury and to achieve optimal results.
- Learn healthy eating habits that apply to your personal goals and food preferences.
- Getting professional assistance will make for a much more enjoyable time during your workout.
2. Don't get used to the same workout.
- You will risk putting yourself in a plateau.
- Your body needs to be challenged.
- 24 Hour Fitness Members have lots of different fitness amenities to help them mix up their workouts. Group X, personal training, a wide range of cardio and strength equipment can help you mix up your routine and continuously challenge yourself.
3. Do expect it to be a challenge.
-At 24 Hour Fitness that we know that fitness isn't easy.
- Keep focused and your eyes on your goals.
- Work outside your comfort zone.
4. Don't expect it to happen overnight.
- It's not easy, but worth it to be healthy.
- Progress at a pace that is safe.
- If you are looking for faster, but safe results - talk to a personal trainer at 24 Hour Fitness. Hiring a trainer will give you the benefit of maximizing your workouts - so you work out to meet maximum results - saving you time.
5. Do plan.
- Plan eating.
- Plan your workout routine.
- Plan assessments.
- Plan which supplements may be needed to improve your results.
- Plan rewards
- Log your data.
6. The BodybuggSP
-Utilize the revolutionary weight management tool that has helped thousands of people reach their fitness goals.
- To lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you take in. The bodybuggSP system helps users track and adjust how many calories they consume and burn 24 hours a day - to help take the guesswork out of weight loss.
-The system monitors "calories in and calories out" using, (1) the armband I'm wearing today to track calories burned throughout the day and (2) the bodybugg.com
- The original bodybugg system has helped more than 100,000 people lose weight; and the latest version of the device - the new bodybuggSP armband - helps make reaching your weight-loss goals even more convenient for users on-the-go.
7. Don't focus on the numbers on the scale.
-There are much better ways to track progress.
-As a trainer, I monitor body fat percentage and circumference measurements for my clients every two weeks. This is a much better gauge of how you are changing.
-Weight changes can be misleading.
-Knowing what specifically has happened to your body, can help you know that you are on the right track.
8. Do try and find a place that is as committed to your goals as you are.
-24 Hour Fitness believes that it's important for everyone to maintain an active lifestyle; so we try to provide a variety of equipment and classes for a great value.
-24 Hour Fitness makes fitness easy, affordable and convenient; by offering over 420 locations nationwide and hassle-free membership options.
-24 Hour Fitness clubs offer state-of-the art equipment, expert personal trainers, and a variety of great amenities that people look for in a fitness club.
9. Don't wait for the perfect day.
-You can make an excuse to not do it all day.
-Make it today! 24 Hour Fitness is offering free workouts to non-members until the 31st to celebrate the New Year. If you'd like to check us out and can't make it on time, you can also get a free 7 Day pass online at 24hourfitness.com/7daypasss.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus