Hooked - (Stacia Naquin)
Updated: 10/11/2013 - I'm SO CLOSE to being able to do a pull-up. So my trainer introduced something new into my training.
Several roads will be closed in Colorado Springs on Thursday and Friday of next week because of the fifth stage of the Pro Cycling Challenge passing through Colorado Springs.
Spectator parking for the race may also impact parking for employees who work downtown. In those cases, the City of Colorado Springs says property managers will notify employees about the alternative plans.
All city structures will also be open to parking.
Here is a list of closures provided by the City of Colorado Springs:
Thursday, August 23
- 2:00 a.m. - parking lot at Pikes Peak and Cascade closed thru 8/24
- 9:00 a.m. - Tejon closed between Pikes Peak and Kiowa and between Kiowa and Bijou (thru midnight Friday, 8/24); Pikes Peak closed between Cascade and Tejon (thru midnight Friday, 8/24)
- 8:00 p.m. - Pikes Peak closed between Nevada and Cascade (thru midnight Friday, 8/24)
Friday, August 24
- 12:30 p.m. - short-duration closures moving toward Colorado Springs starting at
- 12:30 p.m. at Hartsel until 4:00 p.m. at Manitou Springs
GARDEN OF THE GODS
- 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. - park closed to motorized traffic; park reopens at 4:30 p.m.
OLD COLORADO CITY
- 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. - no parking on 30th from Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature Center to Colorado and on Colorado from 30th to Cascade
- 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. - short-duration closure on route above when the race arrives; cross traffic allowed until race arrives
- 9:00 a.m. - Tejon closed between Bijou and Colorado (reopens at midnight); Colorado closed between Tejon and Walnut (reopens at 5:30 p.m.); Cascade closed between Colorado and Bijou (reopens at 8:00 p.m.); Bijou closed between Cascade and Tejon (reopens at 5:30 p.m.)
- 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. - closure of full circuit: Tejon/Cascade on the east/west and Cache La Poudre/Colorado on the north/south; Tejon between Bijou and Platte remains closed until midnight
NOTE: Bike valet available at Acacia Park
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Posted: 08/06/2013 - Even if you don't plan to workout on your vacation, you may be surprised at the calories you're burning without even trying!
Updated: 06/18/2013 - We did a quick helicopter tour of the Black Forest burn area. Someone asked why the video looks shaky.
Updated: 05/20/2013 - Two weekends left to catch one great show!
Updated: 05/14/2013 - I'm still focused on meeting my goal of doing a pull-up. And I'm almost there! But I'm always getting this question: