Hooked - (Stacia Naquin)
Updated: 10/11/2013 - I'm SO CLOSE to being able to do a pull-up. So my trainer introduced something new into my training.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – UNLV senior quarterback Caleb Herring has been named Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week, while Boise State redshirt junior Demarcus Lawrence and Colorado State senior linebacker Shaquil Barrett earned MW Defensive and Special Teams honors, respectively. It is the second-career MW weekly accolade for Barrett, and first for both Herring and Lawrence.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
CALEB HERRING, UNLV
Senior, Quarterback, Moreno Valley, Calif./Citrus Hills HS
· Broke the school record for completion percentage by connecting on 24-of-28 pass attempts (85.7 percent), eclipsing Randall Cunningham’s old mark of 80.8 percent.
· Threw for 266 yards and three touchdowns to guide UNLV back from a 21-0 deficit to defeat Central Michigan, 31-21. The comeback equaled the largest in school history.
· Herring sealed the victory midway through the fourth quarter with a 13-play, 94-yard drive that ended with a 12-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Devante Davis to put UNLV ahead, 31-21.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
DEMARCUS LAWRENCE, BOISE STATE
Redshirt junior, Defensive End, Aiken, S.C./Butler CC
· Tied a career-best with nine tackles (five solo) in Boise State’s 42-20 Conference victory over Air Force.
· Recorded two tackles for loss (-6 yards), one of which came with Boise State leading 28-17 in the fourth quarter and Air Force at the Broncos’ 3-yard line. Lawrence stopped Falcon running back Ty MacArthur for a four-yard loss, forcing the Falcons to settle for a field goal.
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
SHAQUIL BARRETT, COLORADO STATE
Senior, Linebacker, Baltimore, Md./Nebraska-Omaha
· Barrett’s two field goal blocks against Cal Poly is the most by a Colorado State player in a single-season since Eric Sandie blocked three in 2005.
· Both blocked field goals prevented Cal Poly from pulling within one score of the Rams.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Posted: 08/06/2013 - Even if you don't plan to workout on your vacation, you may be surprised at the calories you're burning without even trying!
Updated: 06/18/2013 - We did a quick helicopter tour of the Black Forest burn area. Someone asked why the video looks shaky.
Updated: 05/20/2013 - Two weekends left to catch one great show!
Updated: 05/14/2013 - I'm still focused on meeting my goal of doing a pull-up. And I'm almost there! But I'm always getting this question: