COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Air Force senior running back Anthony LaCoste and Fresno State senior quarterback Derek Carr have been named Mountain West Co-Offensive Players of the Week, while Utah State sophomore defensive end Kyler Fackrell and San José State sophomore kicker Austin Lopez earned MW Defensive and Special Teams honors, respectively. It is the fifth career MW weekly accolade for Carr, while LaCoste, Fackrell and Lopez all garner their first award.
CO-OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
ANTHONY LACOSTE, AIR FORCE
Senior, Running Back, Albany, Ore./West Albany
· Gained a career-high 263 yards on 21 carries with three touchdowns in Air Force’s 42-28 win over Army.
· LaCoste’s 263 yards are the second-most in Academy history, just 12 yards behind Chad Hall’s 275 total from 2007.
· Became the first player in Falcon history with two runs of over 70 yards in a game, scoring on 73- and 78-yard runs.
· Gained 27 yards on a kickoff return to finish with 290 all-purpose yards, fourth-most in school history.
· The 263 rushing yards are tied with Boston College’s Andre Williams for fifth-most by an FBS player this season.
CO-OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
DEREK CARR, FRESNO STATE
Senior, Quarterback, Bakersfield, Calif./Bakersfield Christian HS
· Completed 39-of-55 passes for 487 yards with three touchdowns as then-No. 18/16 Fresno State defeated Nevada 41-23.
· Completed eight passes of over 20 yards, with a long of 57.
· Has currently thrown 183 consecutive passes without an interception.
· Tied the MW record by throwing a touchdown pass in 21-straight games since the Bulldogs joined the Conference. He has thrown a TD pass in 28 straight games, which is the longest-active streak in the FBS.
· The 487 passing yards are the most by an MW quarterback this season, and rank as the seventh-best single-game performance in the FBS in 2013.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
KYLER FACKRELL, UTAH STATE
Sophomore, Defensive End, Mesa, Ariz./Mesa HS
· Had nine tackles (four solo) in Utah State’s 47-10 win over Hawai‘i.
· Intercepted his first pass of the season and returned it 99 yards for his first career defensive touchdown. The 99-yard interception return is the third-longest in school and Mountain West history.
· Set the MW sophomore class record with the 99-yard interception return.
· Helped Utah State hold Hawai’i to just 59 net yards rushing, which is the fewest allowed by the Aggies this season.
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
AUSTIN LOPEZ, SAN JOSÉ STATE
Sophomore, Placekicker, Euless, Texas/Trinity HS
· Was 2-for-2 in field goal attempts and 4-for-4 in extra-point kicks in San José State’s 34-24 win at UNLV.
· Lopez converted a 44-yard field goal with 2:56 remaining in the game that put the Spartans up by 10 points.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Posted: 08/06/2013 - Even if you don't plan to workout on your vacation, you may be surprised at the calories you're burning without even trying!
Updated: 06/18/2013 - We did a quick helicopter tour of the Black Forest burn area. Someone asked why the video looks shaky.
Updated: 05/20/2013 - Two weekends left to catch one great show!
Updated: 05/14/2013 - I'm still focused on meeting my goal of doing a pull-up. And I'm almost there! But I'm always getting this question: