DENVER — The fifth annual Denver Broncos Summer Scrimmage, sponsored by King Soopers and U.S. Bank, will take place on Saturday, Aug. 2, at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Parking lots will open at 7 a.m., gates will open at 8:45 a.m. and the practice/scrimmage will begin at 10:45 a.m.
With a large crowd expected, the Broncos are encouraging fans to arrive early and utilize carpools and public transportation to get to the stadium. Sports Authority Field at Mile High is served by both the Sports Authority Field at Mile High light rail station and the Decatur-Federal station located south of the stadium adjacent to Parking Lot M. All light rail riders should purchase a round-trip ticket at their initial boarding station to avoid delays after the practice.
Admission and parking for the event are free. All stadium lots will be open; however, lots are expected to fill up quickly. Overflow parking will be located at the Auraria Campus for $3-$5 per vehicle (depending on the lot) and at the Pepsi Center for $10 per space.
Please see below for other reminders and fan information for the Summer Scrimmage:
* - Parking in the neighborhood streets surrounding Sports Authority Field at Mile High is strictly prohibited (Guests who park in the neighborhoods surrounding Sports Authority Field at Mile High are subject to citation and tow by the City of Denver’s Right of Way and Permit Enforcement Division).
* - Fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid delays entering the stadium as a large crowd is expected. More than 41,000 fans attended the Summer Scrimmage last year, a record that represented the largest attendance for a training camp practice in Broncos history.
* - Entry to the stadium will be through Gates 3, 4, 8, 9 & 10.
* - The NFL bag policy is in effect. Bags must be clear and no larger than 12” x 6” x 12”. Non-alcoholic beverages in plastic bottles that are still factory sealed are permitted through stadium gates. Visit www.sportsauthorityfieldatmilehigh.com for more information.
* - Seating for the practice is general admission. Fans will be directed to the seating areas of the stadium that will be open. Fans can show their King Soopers Sooper Card or U.S. Bank Broncos Banking card for entrance into the special seating area at section 105! Space is limited so fans are encouraged to arrive early.
* - The Broncos will practice in full pads, and the session will include several ‘live’ periods. Broncos radio play-by-play announcer Dave Logan (850 KOA) will emcee the event for the crowd.
* - Broncos cheerleaders, Miles the Mascot and alumni will be available to sign autographs for fans in the Noble Energy Sports Legends Mall on the south end of the stadium.
* - A performance by the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders and player autographs around the stadium bowl will take place immediately following the practice.
* - Fans are encouraged to get all of their Training Camp updates on DenverBroncos.com, via social media (DenverBroncos.com/social) or by following the Denver Broncos Facebook page, @Broncos on Twitter using hashtag #Broncoscamp or by downloading the free Broncos Mobile App at www.broncosmobile.com. For stadium updates throughout the scrimmage and upcoming season, fans can also visit www.sportsauthorityfieldatmilehigh.com, download the free stadium mobile app (www.safmobile.com) or follow @SportsAuthField on Twitter or Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Facebook.
*- The Denver Broncos and USAA, the Official Military Appreciation Sponsor of the Denver Broncos, have invited 50 members of the military and their families to attend the Summer Scrimmage. The 50 service members will participate in an on-field Combine prior to the scrimmage and will be joined by their families in a pregame VIP reception.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR FANS
Parking lots open
Noble Energy Sports Legends Mall opens
8: 45 a.m.
Stadium Gates (3, 4, 8, 9 & 10) open
Performances by the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders