DENVER — With a large crowd expected for Saturday’s third annual Summer Scrimmage at Sports Authority Field at Mile High at 3:30 p.m., the Denver Broncos are encouraging fans to arrive early and utilize carpools and public transportation to get to the stadium.
Admission and parking for the event are free. All stadium lots will be open; however, lots are expected to fill up quickly. Overflow parking will be located in the Auraria Campus and Pepsi Center parking lots, where fans may be required to pay.
Please see below for other reminders and fan information for the Summer Scrimmage:
* - Parking in the neighborhood streets surrounding Sports Authority Field at Mile High is strictly prohibited (Guests who park in the neighborhoods surrounding Sports Authority Field at Mile High are subject to citation and tow by the City of Denver’s Right of Way and Permit Enforcement Division).
* - Fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid delays entering the stadium as a large crowd is expected. Nearly 40,000 fans attended the Summer Scrimmage during the past two years, including a record crowd of 20,782 on Aug. 7, 2010, that represented the largest attendance for a training camp practice in Broncos history.
* - Entry to the stadium will be through Gates 4, 9 & 10. The standard stadium bag and prohibited item policy will be in place. Bags must be soft-sided and no larger than 12” x 12” x 12”. Non-alcoholic beverages in plastic bottles that are still factory sealed are permitted through stadium gates.
* - Seating for the practice is general admission. Fans will be directed to the seating areas of the stadium that will be open.
* - The Broncos will practice in full pads, and the session will include several ‘live’ periods. Broncos radio play-by-play announcer Dave Logan (850 KOA) will emcee the event for the crowd.
* - Broncos cheerleaders and alumni will be available to sign autographs for fans from 3:30-5 p.m. at Gates 8 & 9 of the stadium.
* - A Broncos Kids Zone will be set up starting at 2:30 p.m. at the Sports Legends Mall at the south entrance of the stadium with inflatables, Gatorade Jr. Training Camp and autographs from Denver Broncos Cheerleaders and Miles the Mascot for kids.
* - Melanoma Exposed is an educational campaign – led by leading melanoma advocacy groups, former coach Bill Cowher and Bristol-Myers Squibb – to raise awareness of melanoma and its risk factors and to encourage people to get screened. As part of the Broncos’ partnership with Melanoma Exposed, free skin cancer screenings will be held at the Sports Legends Mall from 1:30 – 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit www.MelanomaExposed.com.
* - Performances by the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders, Mile High Tumblers and The Thunderstorm jump team will take place on the field immediately following the practice.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR FANS
Kids Zone opens at Sports Legends Mall
Stadium Gates (10,9 & 4) open to the public
Alumni autographs at Gate 8
Cheerleader autographs at Gate 9
Face painting and caricatures at Gate 6
Performances by the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders,
Mile High Tumblers and The Thunderstorm jump team
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus