Top Sports Headlines
Royals beats Giants 7-2, even World Series 1-all
26 mins ago
- Billy Butler hit a tiebreaking single, Salvador Perez and Omar Infante drove in two runs each with big hits in a five-run sixth inning, and the Kansas City Royals beat the San Francisco Giants 7-2 Wednesday night to even the World Series at one game apiece.
Brandon Flowers out for Chargers against Broncos
28 mins ago
- San Diego Chargers cornerback Brandon Flowers has been ruled out of Thursday's game at Denver with a concussion.
Nuggets Waive Benimon and Williams
41 mins ago
- The Nuggets have waived forward Jerrelle Benimon and forward Marcus Williams, general manager and executive vice president of basketball operations Tim Connelly announced today.
Broncos sign Shaquil Barrett back to practice squad
50 mins ago
- The Denver Broncos on Wednesday signed linebacker Shaquil Barrett to their practice squad, it was announced.
Manning named AFC Offensive Player of the Week
52 mins ago
- Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week for the 27th time in his career, the NFL informed the Broncos on Wednesday.
Academic fraud found at North Carolina
Posted: 8:51 PM
- CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) - A report by a former Justice Department official finds that about 3,100 students attended fake classes at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill over nearly two decades, about half of them athletes. Some of the classes were arranged by a non-faculty member and didn't even meet. Others were easy A's and B's.
Former Bronco Trindon Holliday Signs with Bucs
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed receiver and return man Trindon Holliday and promoted defensive end T.J. Fatinikun from the practice squad to the active roster.
Bumgarner, Pence lead Giants over Royals 7-1
- Madison Bumganer took a two-hit shutout into the seventh inning, Hunter Pence hit a two-run homer off James Shields in a three-run first and the San Francisco Giants beat the Kansas City Royals 7-1 in Tuesday night's World Series opener.
Boyes scores in OT to lift Panthers over Avalanche
- Brad Boyes scored a power-play goal 2:23 into overtime and the Florida Panthers beat the Colorado Avalanche 4-3 on Tuesday night.
CSU-Pueblo moves to No. 11 in D2Football.com Poll
- The Colorado State University-Pueblo football team was bumped up two spots to No. 11 in the latest D2Football.com Top 25 Poll, released Tuesday.
More Top Sports Headlines