Top Sports Headlines
Canisius beats Air Force, 4-1
- Cody Freeman scored two goals to lead Canisius to a 4-1 win over Air Force in an Atlantic Hockey Conference game, Friday, Feb. 27, at the Academy’s Cadet Ice Arena.
Avalanche rally, beat Stars in shootout 5-4
- Ryan O'Reilly scored on the first shot of a shootout, and it was enough for the Colorado Avalanche to beat the Dallas Stars 5-4 on Friday night.
Jazz Blow out Nuggets at Pepsi Center
- Derrick Favors had 21 points, 10 rebounds and three blocks, Trey Burke came off the bench to score 19 points and the Utah Jazz beat the struggling Denver Nuggets 104-82 on Friday night.
Pardner Reaches 1,000 Points, Patten Scores 27 in Win at Regis
- Darius Pardner became the ninth Mountain Lion to surpass 1,000 career points with a nine-point performance tonight and Dalton Patten led No. 18 University of Colorado Colorado Springs with a career-high 27 points as the Mountain Lions (23-4 / 17-4 RMAC) in a 76-57 win against Regis
CSU-Pueblo Women pick up key conference road win at MSU Denver
- Trailing by two early in the second half, the Colorado State Univeristy-Pueblo women's basketball team used a 15-5 scoring run to seize control of the game en route to a 69-59 road victory over Metro State
Hernandez Double-Double Leads to 74-60 Win at Regis
- Gabby Ramirez scored nine points within a four-minute span early in the game and the University of Colorado Colorado Springs held off Regis University in the second half to earn a 74-60 win
Two Academy Records Highlight Second Day of MW Track and Field Championships
- Two Academy records and 11 other improvements to the Academy’s all-time standings highlighted a strong day of competition at the Mountain West Indoor Track and Field Championships on Friday, Feb. 27, in Albuquerque, N.M.
John Morris named Athletics Director at Tufts University
- Colorado State University interim director of athletics John Morris will be the new director of athletics at Tufts University
Judge Makes Big Call On Adrian Peterson's Suspension
- A federal judge threw out the NFL's suspension of Adrian Peterson Thursday, but it was unclear whether the Minnesota Vikings' star running back would be reinstated.
Nevada cold from line, helps Air Force beat Wolf Pack 75-70
- Marek Olesinski and Zach Kocur scored 18 points apiece to lead Air Force to a 75-70 victory over Nevada on Wednesday night.
More Top Sports Headlines