Top Sports Headlines
ROCKIES AVOID ARBITRATION WITH RHP ADAM OTTAVINO
- The Colorado Rockies announced today that the club has avoided arbitration with right-handed pitcher Adam Ottavino by agreeing to a one-year deal. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, per club policy.
Wristen honored as American Football Monthly/Rawlings Division II Coach of the Year
- Rawlings Football today announced Colorado State University-Pueblo Head Football Coach John Wristen as the 2014 Division II Coach of the Year.
BRONCOS AGREE TO TERMS WITH REGGIE HERRING AS LINEBACKERS COACH; NAME CLANCY BARONE OFFENSIVE LINE COACH
- The Denver Broncos on Monday agreed to terms with Reggie Herring to be their linebackers coach and named Clancy Barone their offensive line coach, it was announced.
BRONCOS AGREE TO TERMS WITH RICK DENNISON AS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR
- The Denver Broncos on Monday agreed to terms with Rick Dennison to be their offensive coordinator, the team announced.
CSU men’s basketball back in the Top-25
- The Colorado State men’s basketball team, fresh off of a résumé-building 79-73 win over defending MW Champion San Diego State on Saturday night, has jumped back into the rankings at No. 24 in the latest USA Today Coaches Poll.
CSU’s Avila named Mountain West Player of the Week
- Colorado State men's basketball senior forward J.J. Avila has been selected as the Mountain West Player of the Week. The conference made the announcement Monday morning. It is Avila's first-career weekly honor from the MW.
Wall leads Wizards over Nuggets in OT, 117-115
- John Wall scored six of his 19 points in overtime and had 16 assists as the Washington Wizards beat the Denver Nuggets 117-115 on Sunday night.
Jason Brown wins first US title, holding off Adam Rippon
- Jason Brown won his first U.S. title, holding off Adam Rippon thanks to his big lead after the short program.
Avila's leads Colorado St. past San Diego St.
- J.J. Avila scored a season-high 29 points, on 12-of-16 shooting, to help Colorado State hold off a late surge by San Diego State for a 79-73 win Saturday night.
No. 2 North Dakota Earns Sweep with 5-3 Victory over Colorado College
- Second-ranked North Dakota completed a two-game sweep of Colorado College with a 5-3 victory Saturday night at Ralph Engelstad Arena.
More Top Sports Headlines