Top Sports Headlines
High School Football Scores - Week 9
- Southern Colorado High School Football Scores for Week 9 (10/23/14 - 10/25/14)
Royals edge Giants 3-2 for 2-1 World Series lead
- Jeremy Guthrie pitched shutout ball into the sixth inning, Lorenzo Cain drove in an early run off Tim Hudson and made a pair of nifty catches, and the Kansas City Royals beat the San Francisco Giants 3-2 Friday night to take a 2-1 World Series lead.
Iginla leads Avalanche past Canucks 7-3
- Jarome Iginla collected his first two goals for Colorado and had an assist, helping the Avalanche beat the Vancouver Canucks 7-3 on Friday night.
RIT beat Air Force, 5-1
- RIT scored four unanswered goals from the end of the first period to the beginning of third en route to a 5-1 win over Air Force in an Atlantic Hockey Association game, Friday, Oct. 24, at the Academy’s Cadet Ice Arena.
CC Women's Soccer Falls at San Jose State
- Colorado College dominated the game statistically, but San Jose struck for a pair of early goals and hung on for a 3-2 victory on Friday afternoon at the Spartan Soccer Field.
CC Falls to No. 6 Boston College, 6-2
- Cam Spiro scored twice and No. 6 Boston College tallied four answered goals in the second period as the Eagles defeated Colorado College, 6-2, Friday night at the Conte Forum in Chestnut Hill, Mass. BC improved to 2-1 while the Tigers dropped their third straight game and are now 2-3 this season.
Former Widefield Star Vincent Jackson Named NFLPA Community MVP
- Vincent Jackson is a man of many talents. The majority of NFL fans know him as the dominant wide receiver for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a Pro Bowler who excels at catching the deep ball.
Manning, Sanders lead Broncos past Chargers 35-21
- Emmanuel Sanders waited six long weeks to join the list of players who have caught a touchdown pass from Peyton Manning. Now, he has four in less than a week.
Former Falcon Ernie Jennings on College Football Hall of Fame ballot
- Former Air Force All-American wide receiver Ernie Jennings is on the 2015 ballot for induction into the College Football Hall of Fame.
Royals beats Giants 7-2, even World Series 1-all
- Billy Butler hit a tiebreaking single, Salvador Perez and Omar Infante drove in two runs each with big hits in a five-run sixth inning, and the Kansas City Royals beat the San Francisco Giants 7-2 Wednesday night to even the World Series at one game apiece.
More Top Sports Headlines