Top Sports Headlines
Switchbacks FC Swamp the Arizona United SC 5-0
- The Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC win big, despite a tough field.
Giants extend winning streak to 8 with 10-8 win over Rockies
- Brandon Crawford drove in three runs and the San Francisco Giants stretched their winning streak to eight games with a 10-8 win over the skidding Colorado Rockies in the opener of a day-night doubleheader Saturday at rain-soaked Coors Field.
Walker and Williams crowned All-Americans at NCAA Division II Outdoor Championships
- Freshmen Devundrick Walker and Derrick Williams became the first Colorado State University-Pueblo men's track and field All-Americans since 1993, Saturday at the NCAA Division II Outdoor Track and Field Championships
Berg's lacrosse goal lifts Denver past Notre Dame 11-10, OT
- Wesley Berg scored his third goal 1:57 into overtime, lifting Denver past Notre Dame 11-10 Saturday in the NCAA lacrosse semifinal.
Rockies Reinstate Brooks Brown, add David Hale to doubleheader active roster
- The Colorado Rockies on Saturday reinstated right-handed pitcher Brooks Brown from the 15-day disabled list and added right-hander David Hale to the active roster as the 26th man for the Coors Field split doubleheader against the San Francisco Giants.
Turgeon announced as new CSU-Pueblo Women’s Basketball Head Coach
- Friday, Colorado State University-Pueblo Director of Athletics Joe Folda announced the hiring of Jim Turgeon as the ninth head women's basketball coach in program history.
No. 2 SDSU Eliminates No. 5 Air Force In MW Baseball Championship
- No. 2 San Diego State defeated No. 5 Air Force 8-2 in the third elimination game of the Mountain West Baseball Championship on Friday afternoon. The Aztecs move on to play top-seeded Nevada this afternoon in the 3 p.m. PT in another elimination game.
Former Bronco Ed McCaffrey Headlines 2015 Heroes Classic
- The Colorado Springs Sky Sox, in conjunction with Verizon Wireless and Memorial Hospital, have announced that the 2015 Heroes Classic has been scheduled for Saturday, May 30.
Lopez and Williams advance to finals as four compete at NCAA Outdoor Championships Thursday
- Freshmen Rachael Lopez and Derrick Williams of the Colorado State University-Pueblo men's and women's track and field teams will be running in the 1500 meter finals at the NCAA Division II Outdoor Track and Field Championships
USL Clubs Learn Potential MLS Foes In Open Cup
- The draw for the fourth round of the 2015 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup was unveiled on Thursday evening, as the remaining 16 USL clubs in the competition learned which MLS club they would face with a victory next Wednesday night.
More Top Sports Headlines