Top Sports Headlines
Wada earns 1st MLB win as Cubs beat Rockies
- After nine seasons in Japan and three years in the minor leagues, Cubs starter Tsuyoshi Wada finally picked up that elusive first major league victory.
Morneau Collects Two Hits in Rehab Start; Sky Sox Drop Finale to Express, 11-4
- On a night where both 1B Justin Morneau and LHP Boone Logan made rehab appearances, the Sky Sox (45-64) couldn’t pick up the win in the series finale against the Round Rock Express (56-52), as they fell 11-4 on Monday night.
MATT McBRIDE NAMED PCL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
- Matt McBride of the Colorado Springs Sky Sox and Justin Germano of the Round Rock Express have been named Pacific Coast League Player and Pitcher of the Week for the week of July 21-27, the league office announced today.
CSU’s Harrell finishes fifth at HealthONE Colorado Open
- Colorado State’s Cameron Harrell continued an eventful summer for the Rams men’s golf program over the weekend when the senior-to-be tied for fifth at the HealthONE Colorado Open at Green Valley Ranch Golf Club, taking home top amateur honors at the 50th-annual event.
Harrison's 4 hits leads Pirates past Rockies, 7-5
- Josh Harrison had four hits, including a tiebreaking homer, to help the Pittsburgh Pirates beat the Colorado Rockies 7-5 on Sunday.
Ross Jr., Express Take Down Sky Sox, 8-2
- Despite scoring first, the Sky Sox (45-63) dropped Sunday’s matinee to the Round Rock Express (55-52), 8-2, at Security Service Field.
Fans finally get to see the AFC champions
- The Denver Broncos are playing in front of their fans for the first time since the Super Bowl.
Arenado homers, Rockies beat Pirates 8-1
- Nolan Arenado bounced back from a benching with three hits, including a home run, and the Colorado Rockies beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 8-1 on Saturday night.
Sky Sox, Express Split Doubleheader
- The Colorado Springs Sky Sox picked up a split in Saturday’s doubleheader as the dropped the first game to the Round Rock Express, 5-3, but came back to shut out the Express in game two, 5-0, earning their ninth shutout of the season.
Tulowitzki's name bungled in giveaway gaffe
- Troy Tulowitzki has a tough name to spell, even at his own ballpark.
More Top Sports Headlines
Talk Sports With Sam Farnsworth
My observations after the first two days of Broncos Training Camp
- So after two days of Training Camp I've made a few simple observations of what I've seen on the field. There is still a long way to go and lots of time to improve, but this is what I'm seeing so far:
Hang in there Broncos fans!
- I know how frustrated some Broncos fans are because Training Camp is closed to the public this year. But hang in there! The construction at Dove Valley is coming along very nicely and when it's all said and done fans will be very pleased.
14 for '14
- Here is Sports Director Sam Farnsworth's list of 14 sports stories to keep an eye out for in 2014.
More Talk Sports With Sam Farnsworth