Top Sports Headlines
Nuggets open with 89-79 win over Pistons
- Kenneth Faried scored 22 points and had 17 rebounds and the Denver Nuggets opened the season Wednesday night with an 89-79 win over Detroit, spoiling the debut of Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy.
Scoring change gives Affeldt Game 7 win
- Madison Bumgarner will have to settle for the longest save in World Series history rather than a Game 7 win
Giants win game 7 for third World Series in last five years
- Madison Bumgarner pitched five innings of near-perfect relief and the San Francisco Giants held off the Kansas City Royals 3-2 Wednesday night in Game 7 of the World Series for their third championship in five seasons.
FORMER BRONCOS CB & 12-TIME PRO BOWLER CHAMP BAILEY ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT
- Former Denver Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey, a 12-time Pro Bowler and seven-time team captain, informed the club on Tuesday of his retirement from the National Football League.
USA Pro Challenge Brings Colorado A $130 Economic Impact
- The 2014 USA Pro Challenge saw 128 of the best professional cyclists in the world compete in the toughest professional cycling race in the U.S. over the course of seven days, Aug. 18-24.
Pack Volleyball to host Halloween costume party and ThunderPups clinic
- The Colorado State University-Pueblo volleyball team will host a pair of events over the next couple weeks for fans of all ages.
Nuggets Waive Miller
- The Nuggets have waived forward Quincy Miller, general manager and executive vice president of basketball operations Tim Connelly announced today.
ThunderWolves back in AFCA poll top 10 at No. 9
- After a two week hiatus, the Colorado State University-Pueblo football team is back in the top 10 of the American Football Coaches Association Division II Poll, released Monday.
CSU volleyball jumps 2 positions in RPI, falls 1 in top-25 poll
- Despite two more victories – extending the Rams’ winning streak to 17 matches – CSU dropped one spot in the AVCA Division I Coaches Top 25 Poll.
State Football Brackets Released For 6M, 8M, 1A, 2A and 5A
- It's the final week of the regular season for high school football in Colorado for class 3A and 4A. But for the rest, it's playoff time.
More Top Sports Headlines