Top Sports Headlines
No. 21 Colorado St. braces for Air Force's option
- Even as Colorado State rolls up wins this season, coach Jim McElwain can't quite forget the game in which he felt like his team quit.
Green scores 24, Suns beat Nuggets 120-112
- Gerald Green scored 24 points and Eric Bledsoe had 21, leading the Phoenix Suns to a 120-112 win over the Denver Nuggets on Wednesday night.
Bickell lifts Blackhawks over Avalanche, 3-2
- Bryan Bickell scored late in the third period and the Chicago Blackhawks overcame strong goaltending from Calvin Pickard to beat the Colorado Avalanche 3-2 Wednesday night.
Indianapolis claims Shaun Phillips off waivers
- The Colts have claimed outside linebacker Shaun Phillips off waivers from Tennessee.
CSUP's Allen named finalist for Gene Upshaw Division II Lineman of the Year Award
- The 2013 Gene Upshaw Division II lineman of the Year, Colorado State University-Pueblo senior defensive end Darius Allen (Pueblo, Colo.), has again been selected as a finalist for the prestigious Division II award.
PEYBACK FOUNDATION TO SUPPLY MEALS FOR 2,000 FAMILIES THIS THANKSGIVING
- The PeyBack Foundation is proud to continue its tradition of providing meals for families this Thanksgiving holiday and will do so for the third consecutive year in 2014.
Colorado uses 25-0 run to ground Air Force, 68-53
- Xavier Johnson scored 15 points and nine rebounds, and Josh Scott scored 11 of his 13 points in the second half, and the Buffaloes used a 25-0 run in the first half to trounce in-state foe Air Force 68-53 on Tuesday.
Mountain Lions Move to 5-0 in Win at Panhandle
- No. 9 University of Colorado Colorado Springs men’s basketball used a 14-2 run early in the second half to break a 55-55 tie and take a 93-82 win against Oklahoma Panhandle State tonight at the Oscar Williams Field House.
Lawson has 20 points, Nuggets beat Bulls 114-109
- Ty Lawson scored 20 points, including a key jumper in the waning seconds, and the Denver Nuggets beat the Chicago Bulls 114-109 on Tuesday night for their fifth straight win.
Briere's OT goal lifts Avalanche over Coyotes
- Daniel Briere scored 3:16 into overtime, and the Colorado Avalanche completed a comeback from three goals down to beat the Arizona Coyotes 4-3 on Tuesday night.
More Top Sports Headlines