Top Sports Headlines
Morneau's 3-run homer leads Colorado to 5-4 win over Arizona
- Justin Morneau hit a three-run homer, Tyler Matzek pitched five effective innings before leaving with a hamstring injury and the Colorado Rockies held off the Arizona Diamondbacks 5-4 Monday night.
Sky Sox Romp Cubs 7-0 In Tidy 7-Inning Contest
- Game two of the twin bill would be cancelled due to inclement weather after the Sky Sox crisp 7-0 win over Iowa in seven innings before a crowd of 1,531.
Rockies vs. Giants Game From April 26 Rescheduled For May 23
- The Colorado Rockies vs. San Francisco Giants game originally scheduled for Monday, April 26, 2015 at 2:10 p.m. MDT (Game #10) will now be played Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 7:10 p.m. as the second game of a split doubleheader.
Adam Ottavino on disabled list; Jorge Rondon recalled
- The Colorado Rockies announced today that the club has placed right-handed pitcher Adam Ottavino on the 15-day disabled list due to right triceps inflammation and recalled right-hander Jorge Rondon from Triple-A Albuquerque.
Kim selected to compete in third consecutive NCAA regional
- For the third consecutive season Colorado State University-Pueblo's Leina Kim (Saipan, CNMI) has been selected to compete as an individual in the NCAA Division II Women's Golf Championships West Region Tournament.
Sky Sox Pitcher Chris Perez Opts Out Of Minor League Contract
- Chris Perez Opts Out Of Minor League Contract
Peterson Resigns as UCCS Softball Coach
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs Athletic Director Steve Kirkham accepted the resignation of Scott Peterson today as the Head Softball Coach. The team was notified today and his resignation will be effective immediately.
Air Force baseball Falls 6-5 Sunday at UNLV
- Air Force baseball dropped a 6-5 Mountain West contest at UNLV on Sunday afternoon at Earl E. Wilson Stadium. The Falcons dropped to 19-23, 10-14 while the Rebels are now 19-23, 6-15.
No. 11/13 CSU-Pueblo falls in extra innings to N.M. Highlands, 8-7
- Colorado State University-Pueblo's Manny Menocal tied the game with a three-run home run in the top of the ninth inning, but a walk-off long ball in the bottom of the 10th propelled New Mexico Highlands University to an 8-7 win over the No. 11/13 ThunderWolves
Truex Jr. Charges Back to Finish 10th in Richmond
- Chalk up another top-10 for Martin Truex Jr. who overcame late-race handling problems to post a 10th-place finish in Sunday's rain-delayed Sprint Cup Series race at Richmond International Raceway.
More Top Sports Headlines