Top Sports Headlines
Paulsen's 2-run single lifts Rockies over Diamondbacks, 5-4
- Ben Paulsen hit a two-out, two-run single and the Colorado Rockies rallied for four runs in the bottom of the ninth to beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 5-4 on Monday night.
Big First Inning Goes Sox Way In 5-3 Win
- The Sky Sox and Omaha Storm Chasers battled their way to a 4-3 ballgame after just one inning of play in Colorado Springs’ eventual 5-3 series-opening win before a crowd of 2,179 at Security Service Field on Monday night.
Sam Rothstein Named Colorado College Hockey Captain for 2015-16 Season
- Junior forward Sam Rothstein will serve as captain of the Colorado College hockey team during the 2015-16 season, head coach Mike Haviland announced today. Senior forward Cody Bradley and junior forwards Christian Heil and Zach Aman will be the assistant captains.
CSU volleyball moves up to No. 9 In AVCA Division I Coaches Poll
- After sweeping three matches to open the season at the 2015 Rams Volleyball Classic, the Colorado State Rams volleyball team has moved to No. 9 in the latest AVCA Division I Coaches Poll.
Domingo Santana Named To 2015 All-PCL Team
- The Pacific Coast League announced today the 2015 All-PCL Team, as elected by the league’s field managers and media representatives. Outfielder Domingo Santana, a July 30 trade deadline acquisition by the Milwaukee Brewers from the Houston Astros, was named to the team as one of three outfielders.
Broncos trade Clark, cut Walker, Stewart
- The Denver Broncos traded offensive tackle Chris Clark to Houston on Monday, released veteran linebacker Reggie Walker and placed rookie tight end Jeff Hauerman on injured reserved.
BRONCOS WAIVE/RELEASE 10 PLAYERS; PLACE TE JEFF HEUERMAN ON INJURED RESERV
- The Denver Broncos on Monday waived or released 10 players and placed rookie tight end Jeff Heuerman on injured reserve, it was announced.
De La Rosa dominates as Rockies beat Pirates 5-0
- Jorge De La Rosa pitched into the seventh inning before being ejected, and Ben Paulsen hit a two-run triple as the Colorado Rockies beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 5-0 on Sunday.
Broncos win third preseason game despite Manning's slow start
- Peyton Manning failed to get the Broncos into the end zone in seven possessions Saturday night, when Denver rode its stifling defense and good ground game to a 19-12 win over the sputtering San Francisco 49ers.
Ramirez homers, Pirates stay hot in 4-3 win over Rockies
- A resurgent J.A. Happ worked into the sixth inning, Aramis Ramirez hit a three-run homer and the Pittsburgh Pirates held off the Colorado Rockies 4-3 on Saturday night.
More Top Sports Headlines