Top Sports Headlines
Denver beats Maryland 10-5 for 1st NCAA men's lacrosse title
- Denver won its first NCAA men's lacrosse championship, beating Maryland 10-5 on Monday behind five goals from senior Wesley Berg.
Reds lost 9th straight, Arenado leads Rockies to 5-4 win
- The Cincinnati Reds lost their ninth straight game Monday as Nolan Arenado homered, had three hits and drove in the tiebreaking run with a sacrifice fly in the ninth inning off Aroldis Chapman that gave the Colorado Rockies a 5-4 victory.
Truex Jr. Leads Most Laps, Finishes 5th in Coca-Cola 600
- For the second straight points race, Martin Truex Jr. had the fastest car, but saw victory elude him as NASCAR's longest race of the year turned into a fuel mileage gamble.
Bettis pitches Rockies past Giants 11-2
- Nolan Arenado had four hits and four RBIs, leading Chad Bettis and the Colorado Rockies to an 11-2 victory over the San Francisco Giants on Sunday.
Sox Rally, Fall Short In 9-8 Loss
- The Sky Sox were roughly 180 feet away from tying Sunday afternoon’s contest before a pop out ended their day, falling just short of a comeback victory in a 9-8 loss to the Bees before a crowd of 5,081 at Smith’s Ballpark.
Sky Sox To Host 54th Annual Southern Colorado High School All-Star Games
- The Colorado Springs Sky Sox are proud to announce that Security Service Field will host the 54th Annual Southern Colorado High School All-Star Games, the longest running High School All-Star event in Colorado.
Switchbacks FC Swamp the Arizona United SC 5-0
- The Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC win big, despite a tough field.
Giants extend winning streak to 8 with 10-8 win over Rockies
- Brandon Crawford drove in three runs and the San Francisco Giants stretched their winning streak to eight games with a 10-8 win over the skidding Colorado Rockies in the opener of a day-night doubleheader Saturday at rain-soaked Coors Field.
Walker and Williams crowned All-Americans at NCAA Division II Outdoor Championships
- Freshmen Devundrick Walker and Derrick Williams became the first Colorado State University-Pueblo men's track and field All-Americans since 1993, Saturday at the NCAA Division II Outdoor Track and Field Championships
Berg's lacrosse goal lifts Denver past Notre Dame 11-10, OT
- Wesley Berg scored his third goal 1:57 into overtime, lifting Denver past Notre Dame 11-10 Saturday in the NCAA lacrosse semifinal.
More Top Sports Headlines