- Andre Benoit, all alone, scored off an assist from MacKinnon with 31.4 seconds left in overtime to lift the Colorado Avalanche to a 3-2 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday night.
- Cornerback Champ Bailey, a 12-time Pro Bowler and seven-time captain who became one of the most accomplished players in Denver Broncos history during his 10 years with the team, was released by the club on Thursday.
- Josh Scott had 17 points and 11 rebounds, Xavier Johnson scored 14 points and Colorado boosted its chances of a first-round bye in next week's Pac-12 Conference tournament with a 59-56 victory over Stanford on Wednesday night.
- Four Rams scored in double figures as Colorado State (16-14, 7-10 MW) celebrated Senior Night with a 78-66 win over San José State (7-22, 1-16 MW) at Moby Arena on Wednesday night.
- The Rockies visited Mesa to face the Chicago Cubs as part of a split squad day in which the club also played the Texas Rangers in Surprise. The Rockies (3-5) defeated the Cubs 7-5 in Mesa
- Are you irritated by Von Miller's actions away from the football field? I am, but I still believe in him. He still needs to prove to himself, his teammates and his fans that he is leaving his mistakes behind and there is one quick way to do that.