- Ryan Miller stopped 26 shots, and David Backes broke up a scoreless game in the second period, helping the St. Louis Blues beat the surging Colorado Avalanche 2-1 Saturday in a Central Division showdown.
- Air Force really knows how to celebrate senior day. The Falcons defeated Boise State, 64-61, in overtime Saturday afternoon in Clune Arena in Mountain West Conference action in the regular season finale for both schools.
- The University of Colorado Colorado Springs used a 15-2 run to close out the game and advance to its first RMAC Shootout Championship game in program history with a 75-70 victory against Colorado Mines at the Auraria Events Center. UCCS will play the winner of the Metro State and Fort Lewis game on Saturday night at 7 p.m.
- The old adage is that it is difficult to beat a team three times in the same season. That is something the Colorado State University-Pueblo ThunderWolf women's basketball team found out the hard way on Friday night as they were stung by the Black Hills State University Yellowjackets, 63-53 in the semifinal round of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference Shootout here on the campus of Colorado Mesa University.
- Andre Benoit, all alone, scored off an assist from MacKinnon with 31.4 seconds left in overtime to lift the Colorado Avalanche to a 3-2 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday night.
- Are you irritated by Von Miller's actions away from the football field? I am, but I still believe in him. He still needs to prove to himself, his teammates and his fans that he is leaving his mistakes behind and there is one quick way to do that.