Top Sports Headlines
2014 Denver Broncos Schedule Released
Updated: 5:10 AM
- The Denver Broncos 2014 schedule has been released, and it includes the maximum five prime time games allowed and 11 games scheduled to be televised on KKTV Channel 11.
Matt Cooke suspended for knee-to-knee hit on Tyson Barrie
- The NHL Department of Player Safety has announced that Minnesota Wild forward Matt Cooke has been suspended for seven games for kneeing Avalanche defenseman Tyson Barrie in game three on Monday night.
Hector Sanchez grand slam sends Giants past Rockies in 11th inning
- Sanchez hit two of San Francisco's six homers, including a grand slam in the 11th inning Wednesday that gave the Giants a thrilling 12-10 victory over the Colorado Rockies.
Colorado Springs Sports Hall of Fame Class of 2014 Announced by The Sports Corp
- The Class of 2014 will be inducted on Tuesday, October 28, at the The Broadmoor World Arena with dinner at 7:00 p.m. following a reception at 5:00, along with the popular sports silent auction, which has been a highlight of all 14 previous induction ceremonies starting with the inaugural Class of 2000.
Sanchez to be enshrined into hometown sports hall of fame
- Colorado State University-Pueblo baseball coach Stan Sanchez will be enshrined into his hometown sports hall of fame on Friday although he won't be there in person.
Morales leads Rockies to 2-1 win over Giants
- Nolan Arenado hit a go-ahead homer leading off the fifth and Franklin Morales outdueled Madison Bumgarner, lifting the Colorado Rockies to a 2-1 win over the San Francisco Giants on Tuesday night.
O'Reilly finalist for Lady Byng Trophy
- New York Rangers forward Martin St. Louis, San Jose Sharks forward Patrick Marleau and Colorado Avalanche forward Ryan O'Reilly are finalists for the Lady Byng Trophy.
Late Home Run Rallies Air Force Baseball Past Northern Colorado
- Air Force baseball extended its win streak to six games with a come-from-behind 11-10 win over Northern Colorado in a non-conference game Tuesday at Falcon Field. Tyler Jones hit a three-run home run in the eighth inning to rally the Falcons to their longest winning streak in 12 years.
Zephyrs Come From Behind to Defeat Sky Sox 7-2
- Despite trailing much of the game, the New Orleans Zephyrs came up with a big eighth inning to beat the Colorado Springs Sky Sox, 7-2, on Tuesday in New Orleans and split the four-game series heading into a league off day.
Avalanche, Wild brace for absence of Barrie, Cooke
- Minnesota Wild left wing Matt Cooke has been summoned for a hearing at the NHL office in New York regarding his kneeing penalty that injured Colorado Avalanche defenseman Tyson Barrie.
More Top Sports Headlines