Top Sports Headlines
Sky Sox Outhit Sounds But Fall 11-5
Posted: 1:33 AM
- All but one in the Sky Sox starting lineup collected a base hit on Monday night, with five collecting multi-hit games, in the Sox 11-5 loss to the Nashville Sounds in front of 4,216 fans at First Tennessee Park.
Kemp, Norris lead Padres' 17-hit attack in win over Rockies
Posted: 1:30 AM
- Odrismar Despaigne turned in another impressive start, but his first major league hit brought the biggest cheers from his San Diego teammates.
Skakel Second, Darwin Ninth, After First Day of RMAC Championships
- Patrick Skakel shot a 141 and finished second after the first day of the 2015 RMAC Championships at the Golf Club of Estrella. The University of Colorado Colorado Springs men’s team tied for fifth with a two-round score of 604 in the team standings.
Kim tied for 1st after day one of RMAC Championship
- Colorado State University-Pueblo women's golfer Leina Kim carded a 3-under 69 to place in a tie for first after conclusion of play on day one of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference Women's Golf Championship
No. 13/14 Pack sweep twin bill versus Regis
- The No. 13/14 Colorado State University-Pueblo baseball team finished off a series victory against Regis University with a doubleheader sweep Monday at Regis Baseball Field.
Air Force Baseball Downs Utah Valley, 14-8
- Air Force baseball defeated Utah Valley, 14-8, in its final non-conference home game of the season Monday afternoon at Falcon Field. The Falcons pounded out 19 hits, eight for extra bases, improving to 19-20 on the season.
Colorado Rockies Activate LHP Jorge De La Rosa From 15-Day Disabled List
- The Colorado Rockies announced today that the club has activated left-handed pitcher Jorge De La Rosa from the 15-day disabled list. De La Rosa (#29) is scheduled to make his season debut in tonight’s game against the San Diego Padres at Coors Field
Eagles sign quarterback Tim Tebow to 1-year contract
- The Philadelphia Eagles have signed quarterback Tim Tebow to a one-year contract, giving the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner his first shot in the NFL since the Patriots cut him before the 2013 season.
Sounds Cling To Two-Run First, Down Sox
- 5,787 fans were on hand to witness the rain play a role once again in Sunday’s 2-1 Sounds win over the Sky Sox at First Tennessee Park.
Dodgers hit 3 HRs in 6th to rout Rockies 7-0
- Howie Kendrick, Scott Van Slyke and rookie Joc Pederson hit sixth-inning home runs, and the Los Angeles Dodgers stretched their winning streak to seven by beating the Colorado Rockies 7-0 Sunday.
More Top Sports Headlines