Top Sports Headlines
Tulo backs Chatwood and Rockies beat Phillies 12-1
- Troy Tulowitzki set up his big day at the plate in his first appearance.
Sky Sox walk off for second night in a row, beat OKC, 10-9
- For the third time during the first home stand of the year, and second in as many nights, the Sky Sox (7-8) walked off winners and beat the Oklahoma City RedHawks, 10-9.
Browning-led Blue squad takes 20-16 spring win
- The lights were bright, and the fans were howling at the Neta & Eddie DeRose ThunderBowl on Friday for the first time since late 2013, as the Colorado State University-Pueblo ThunderWolves played their annual Red & Blue Spring Game.
Mountain Lions Softball Move Into First Place Tie with Doubleheader Sweep of Fort Lewis
- The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (24-12 / 20-9 RMAC) moved into a tie for first in the RMAC standings with 6-3 and 5-2 victories on the road at Fort Lewis (21-23 / 17-15 RMAC) today at Aspen Field. The Mountain Lions are tied in the conference standings with Colorado Mesa with six games left in the regular season.
Pack sweep 1-run games to clinch series win, earn sweeping opportunity
- Behind two strong pitching efforts from two of the best arms in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference, the Colorado State University-Pueblo ThunderWolves claimed a pair of low-scoring, 1-run wins in a doubleheader sweep of visiting Metro State University, Friday afternoon here at Rawlings Field.
Paul Stastny ties it late in regulation, then lifts Avs to OT win vs. Wild
- Paul Stastny scored 7:27 into overtime after tying the game with 13.4 seconds remaining in regulation, lifting the Colorado Avalanche to a 5-4 win over the Minnesota Wild in the opener of the Western Conference quarterfinals on Thursday night.
McBride hits walk-off sac-fly; Matzek tosses 6 shutout innings in 3-2 win
- Strong pitching kept both teams in the ballgame, but it was RF Matt McBride’s sacrifice fly in the bottom of the 11th that gave the Colorado Springs Sky Sox (6-8) a 3-2 win over the visiting Oklahoma City RedHawks (10-5) on a chilly Thursday night.
Seventh-inning rally lifts Pack to 7-4 win over Metro State
- Back-to-back-to-back RBI singles by Mike Wagner (Jr., Golden, Colo.), Evan Kenebrew (Sr., Colorado Springs, Colo.) and JJ Ortiz (Pueblo, Colo.) propelled the Colorado State University-Pueblo baseball team to a 4-run seventh inning and an eventual 7-4 Thursday night win over visiting Metro State University in the first of a 4-game Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference series at Rawlings Field.
CC Women's lacrosse rallies for win at Drew
- Colorado College extended its winning streak to seven games and bolstered its NCAA Tournament resume by rallying for a 17-14 victory at Drew University on Thursday afternoon.
Andy Moore Named Assistant Men's Basketball Coach at Air Force
- Air Force men’s basketball coach Dave Pilipovich announced today that Andy Moore has joined the program as an assistant coach. Moore replaces Silvey Dominguez, who resigned earlier this month to become an assistant coach at Washington State.
More Top Sports Headlines