Top Sports Headlines
Colorado handles Air Force 81-70
- Josh Scott scored 21 points and Josh Fortune added a season-high 18 as Colorado beat Air Force 81-70 on Wednesday night.
Offensive coordinator Will Friend a nominee for 2015 Broyles Award
- Colorado State offensive coordinator and offensive line coach Will Friend has been named one of 34 nominees for the 2015 Broyles Award, given annually by the Rotary Club of Little Rock to the top assistant coach in college football.
Broncos sign QB Christian Ponder
- The Denver Broncos on Wednesday signed quarterback Christian Ponder and placed defensive end Kenny Anunike (knee) on injured reserve, it was announced.
Rockies acquire LHP Wander Cabrera from Cubs in trade for Rex Brothers
- The Colorado Rockies announced on Wednesday that they have acquired left-handed pitcher Wander Cabrera from the Chicago Cubs in exchange for left-handed pitcher Rex Brothers.
Broncos QB Brock Osweiler named AFC Offensive Player of the Week
- Denver Broncos quarterback Brock Osweiler was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance in Denver’s 17-15 road win against the Chicago Bears, the NFL informed the Broncos on Wednesday.
Manning's absence extended as he's fitted with walking boot
- The Broncos are expected to work out former Vikings QB Christian Ponder on Wednesday.
Griffin, Jordan each score 18, Clippers beat Nuggets 111-94
- Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan each scored 18 points and the Los Angeles Clippers beat the Denver Nuggets 111-94 on Tuesday night to snap a three-game losing streak.
Colorado State holds off Abilene Christian 108-100 in 2 OTs
- Antwan Scott sank two 3-pointers and scored nine of his 18 points in the second extra period to give Colorado State a 108-100 double-overtime victory over Abilene Christian in the Corpus Christi Coastal Classic on Tuesday night.
Pack upend No. 22 Midwestern State 87-74 in backend of home-and-home contests
- The Colorado State University-Pueblo men's basketball team used 12 buckets from long range to defeat No. 22 Midwestern State University, 87-74, in a road contest Tuesday in Wichita Falls, Texas.
Four former Broncos among 25 modern-era semifinalists for Hall of Fame
- hree first-year eligible candidates – quarterback Brett Favre, guard Alan Faneca, and wide receiver Terrell Owens – are among the 25 semifinalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2016.
More Top Sports Headlines