Top Sports Headlines
Sky Sox, Sounds Postponed Due to Rain; Doubleheader Set for 12:35 p.m. Wednesday
- Tuesday night’s game between the Colorado Springs Sky Sox (45-64) and the Nashville Sounds (59-51) has been postponed because of rain.
Rockies activate Justin Morneau, send Ben Paulsen back to Sky Sox
- The Colorado Rockies announced today that the club has activated infielder Justin Morneau and left-handed pitcher Boone Logan from the 15-day disabled list. In addition they have recalled infielder Cristhian Adames from Triple-A Colorado Springs.
Join The USA Pro Challenge Stage 4 Community Ride Wednesday Night
- USA Pro Challenge (Stage 4) Community Ride Wednesday Night (coordinated by UpaDowna) - 6:00 - 7:30 pm, McCabe's Tavern (520 S Tejon Street).
INFORMATION FOR THE DENVER BRONCOS’ PRACTICE AT SPORTS AUTHORITY FIELD AT MILE HIGH ON WEDNESDAY
- Below is the timeline of events and other information for the Denver Broncos’ training camp practice at sports Authority Field at Mile High on Wednesday.
Air Force announces 2014-15 hockey schedule
- The Air Force hockey team opens the 2014-15 season with an exhibition game on Monday, Oct. 6, against McGill University at the Cadet Ice Arena.
AFA coach Troy Calhoun buying community lunch Thursday
- The Air Force head coach Troy Calhoun will be at the Chick-fil-A on Powers and North Carefree on Thursday, July 31, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. greeting fans and buying lunch for everyone in the restaurant.
Wada earns 1st MLB win as Cubs beat Rockies
- After nine seasons in Japan and three years in the minor leagues, Cubs starter Tsuyoshi Wada finally picked up that elusive first major league victory.
Morneau Collects Two Hits in Rehab Start; Sky Sox Drop Finale to Express, 11-4
- On a night where both 1B Justin Morneau and LHP Boone Logan made rehab appearances, the Sky Sox (45-64) couldn’t pick up the win in the series finale against the Round Rock Express (56-52), as they fell 11-4 on Monday night.
MATT McBRIDE NAMED PCL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
- Matt McBride of the Colorado Springs Sky Sox and Justin Germano of the Round Rock Express have been named Pacific Coast League Player and Pitcher of the Week for the week of July 21-27, the league office announced today.
CSU’s Harrell finishes fifth at HealthONE Colorado Open
- Colorado State’s Cameron Harrell continued an eventful summer for the Rams men’s golf program over the weekend when the senior-to-be tied for fifth at the HealthONE Colorado Open at Green Valley Ranch Golf Club, taking home top amateur honors at the 50th-annual event.
More Top Sports Headlines
Talk Sports With Sam Farnsworth
My observations after the first two days of Broncos Training Camp
- So after two days of Training Camp I've made a few simple observations of what I've seen on the field. There is still a long way to go and lots of time to improve, but this is what I'm seeing so far:
Hang in there Broncos fans!
- I know how frustrated some Broncos fans are because Training Camp is closed to the public this year. But hang in there! The construction at Dove Valley is coming along very nicely and when it's all said and done fans will be very pleased.
14 for '14
- Here is Sports Director Sam Farnsworth's list of 14 sports stories to keep an eye out for in 2014.
More Talk Sports With Sam Farnsworth