Top Sports Headlines
Federal Judge Hands Down Ruling In 'Deflategate' Case
Updated: 8:58 AM
- A federal judge deflated "Deflategate" Thursday, erasing New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension for a controversy that the NFL claimed threatened football's integrity.
Omaha Holds On To Top Sox In Tight Contest
- The Sky Sox and Storm Chasers battled their way through a tight contest in Omaha’s 4-3 win before a crowd of 3,611 at Security Service Field on Wednesday night.
SPORTS AUTHORITY TO RENEW MOUNTAIN WEST FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE SPONSORSHIP
- For the second consecutive year, Sports Authority will retain its entitlement of the Mountain West Football Championship Game to be played on Dec. 5, 2015 as announced today by the Mountain West Conference and its rights partner, Learfield Sports.
Colorado State, Altitude partner for weekly TV show
- Colorado State Athletics announced Wednesday a marketing partnership with Altitude Sports & Entertainment, which includes a weekly 30-minute television show entitled STATE of the Rams.
Paulsen's 2-run single lifts Rockies over Diamondbacks, 5-4
- Ben Paulsen hit a two-out, two-run single and the Colorado Rockies rallied for four runs in the bottom of the ninth to beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 5-4 on Monday night.
Big First Inning Goes Sox Way In 5-3 Win
- The Sky Sox and Omaha Storm Chasers battled their way to a 4-3 ballgame after just one inning of play in Colorado Springs’ eventual 5-3 series-opening win before a crowd of 2,179 at Security Service Field on Monday night.
Sam Rothstein Named Colorado College Hockey Captain for 2015-16 Season
- Junior forward Sam Rothstein will serve as captain of the Colorado College hockey team during the 2015-16 season, head coach Mike Haviland announced today. Senior forward Cody Bradley and junior forwards Christian Heil and Zach Aman will be the assistant captains.
CSU volleyball moves up to No. 9 In AVCA Division I Coaches Poll
- After sweeping three matches to open the season at the 2015 Rams Volleyball Classic, the Colorado State Rams volleyball team has moved to No. 9 in the latest AVCA Division I Coaches Poll.
Domingo Santana Named To 2015 All-PCL Team
- The Pacific Coast League announced today the 2015 All-PCL Team, as elected by the league’s field managers and media representatives. Outfielder Domingo Santana, a July 30 trade deadline acquisition by the Milwaukee Brewers from the Houston Astros, was named to the team as one of three outfielders.
Broncos trade Clark, cut Walker, Stewart
- The Denver Broncos traded offensive tackle Chris Clark to Houston on Monday, released veteran linebacker Reggie Walker and placed rookie tight end Jeff Hauerman on injured reserved.
More Top Sports Headlines