A 7-year-old girl who lost her favorite teddy bear to the Waldo Canyon fire was reunited with the toy Monday.
Lily was on vacation with her family when the fire swept into Colorado Springs, destroying her home and favorite teddy bear. Afterward, the bear was the only thing the little girl asked for.
The bear had been a gift from Penrose-St. Francis Health Services nearly four years ago. A Facebook post sparked a search that ended two days later with the discovery of that particular bear on an employee’s desk.
The bear had been sitting on the desk for four years, and Penrose-St. Francis is sharing photos of the bear being fed and examined by doctors before being sent home with Lily on Monday. The bear was nicknamed “Waldo” and the hospital shared several photos of his journey back to Lily on their Facebook and Twitter accounts.