Hooked - (Stacia Naquin)
Updated: 10/11/2013 - I'm SO CLOSE to being able to do a pull-up. So my trainer introduced something new into my training.
Homeowners in areas at risk of flooding post-Waldo Canyon Fire will receive free sandbags from the city next month.
Below is a release from the city of Colorado Springs:
Colorado Springs residents impacted by the Waldo Canyon Fire can pick up free sandbags, either filled or empty, to help protect their homes from potential flooding.
Option 1 – Filled sandbags available Saturday at Verizon Building
Pre-filled sandbags will be given away free to residents, through a partnership with the Colorado Springs Office of Emergency Management and Colorado Springs Together, Saturday, April 13 at the Verizon Wireless building (2424 Garden of the Gods Road) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Volunteers will be on site to fill sandbags and help residents load the 50-pound sandbags into their vehicles. Residents picking up sandbags should enter the Verizon Wireless parking lot off of Flying W Ranch Road.
Option 2 – Empty sandbags available at select locations now while supplies last Residents who would like to fill their own sandbags can receive free sandbags while supplies last, thanks to a grant from the Colorado Fire Relief Fund. These free sandbags will be available for residents at Colorado Springs Together and the following Colorado Springs Fire Stations:
• Colorado Springs Together – 6840 Centennial Blvd. Suite A
• Fire Station 5 – 2830 W. Colorado Ave.
• Fire Station 9 – 622 Garden of the Gods Rd.
• Fire Station 12 – 445 Rockrimmon Blvd.
• Fire Station 18 – 6830 Hadler View
If you are a resident picking up sandbags at these locations, please know:
• These bags are not filled with sand. Only the four fire stations listed above will have the bags, no other fire stations will have the bags available.
• Our fire stations will be in service and may not be at the station when you come to pick up the bags. We ask that you either wait for their return or try stopping by at a different time.
• You will need to sign the Sandbag Distribution Form.
• You may take 100 bags for each address per day. You may pick up more bags if you need them on a different day.
• You will receive an information bag that contains: DVD on sandbag placement, Colorado Springs Emergency Preparedness Guide, and other flood information.
Residents are advised to consult a certified erosion and sediment control consultant or contractor to manage flooding mitigation on their private property. Sandbags should not be placed in the public right-of-way. For information on potential flooding after the Waldo Canyon Fire, visit www.Springsgov.com/floodinfo.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Posted: 08/06/2013 - Even if you don't plan to workout on your vacation, you may be surprised at the calories you're burning without even trying!
Updated: 06/18/2013 - We did a quick helicopter tour of the Black Forest burn area. Someone asked why the video looks shaky.
Updated: 05/20/2013 - Two weekends left to catch one great show!
Updated: 05/14/2013 - I'm still focused on meeting my goal of doing a pull-up. And I'm almost there! But I'm always getting this question: