Top Science & Technology
Colorado oil, gas agency to vote on flood protection rules
- The commission that regulates oil and gas drilling in Colorado is preparing to decide on new rules to limit spills during major floods like the one that hit the Front Range and eastern plains in 2013.
USGS says Earthquake in Southern Colorado "wasn't real"
- According to our partners at the Gazette, the USGS says a magnitude 3.0 earthquake reported Monday morning near Fountain didn't actually happen.
All Malaysia flight wreckage recovered in Ukraine
- Workers have recovered all of the wreckage of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, more than four months after the passenger jet was shot down over rebel-held eastern Ukraine.
37 homes collapse, dozens injured in Japan quake
- Helicopter surveys on Sunday are showing more extensive damage than earlier thought from an overnight earthquake in the mountainous central Japan area that hosted the 1998 Winter Olympics.
Fire Destroys Network Facility, Slows Internet Service
- Peak Internet customers in southern Colorado may find that their internet service is down or very slow. The company says a fire overnight destroyed one of its primary network facilities.
Spaceship's descent device deployed prematurely
- Federal aviation investigators say Virgin Galactic's experimental spaceship broke apart in flight over California's Mojave Desert after a device to slow the craft's descent prematurely deployed.
Viewer Pictures of the Partial Solar Eclipse
- Here are some viewer pictures of the partial solar eclipse Thursday.
CNET News: Snapchat Photos Hacked
- Hackers have reportedly stolen nearly 100,000 private pictures and videos from Snapchat users and are threatening to release them.
Injuries Reported after California Quake, Thousands without Power
- Three people were seriously injured after a large earthquake caused significant damage in California's northern Bay Area, and nearly 90 patients have been treated at one hospital.
Strong quake kills at least 175, injures 1,400
- China is sending more than 2,500 troops to a region shaken by a deadly earthquake today. At least 175 people were killed and 1,400 injured.
More Top Science & Technology