UPDATE: Cheyenne Mountain HS No Longer On Lockdown

Police tell 11 News that Cheyenne Mountain High School is no longer on a lockdown. It was done as a precaution.

A man in the apartments across the street was reportedly suicidal. Police on scene Tased the man.

All students at the high school were safe.

• by @anonymous on Apr 7, 2011 at 05:17 PM
    a lock down could put your childs life in danger if a killer is inside the school during the lockdown!
  • by Ken on Apr 7, 2011 at 03:09 PM
    As the political atmosphere changes I'd also teach my kids to escape from a lockdown. When it hits the fan I don't want my kid to be used as a bartering chip.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 7, 2011 at 03:01 PM
    But if your school is locked down for your kid's safety why would you have to worry?
  • by noh Location: springs on Apr 7, 2011 at 02:52 PM
    Lockdown? Isn't that where the force all the kids to sit still so a killer does not have to hunt them down? Wouldn't it make more sense and be safer for the kids to run? In that university in Va a couple of years ago, many of the kills happened after the lock down and everyone was locked safely away in their classrooms. I think lockdown policies would be revisited with an eye towards safer kids instead of easy maintenance. noh
  • by kat Location: Colorado Springs on Apr 7, 2011 at 02:47 PM
    I am a teacher in another district, and I am glad CMHS took the precautions they did today. This lockdown shows the public that D12 will take needed measures to keep their children safe. Parents and teachers know all too well that dangerous people often target schools for their vengeance.
  • by Q Location: Peyton on Apr 7, 2011 at 01:46 PM
    Moms, I agree. If you child's school is on lockdown for any reason a parent should be concerned. If not you are one of those worthless egg/sperm donors or you don't have children.
  • by K Location: Colorado Springs on Apr 7, 2011 at 01:36 PM
    I wonder if he was listening to rap music?
  • by mom Location: gold camp on Apr 7, 2011 at 01:13 PM
    Seriously the schools were on lock down as precautions by law enforcement to maintain safety. Worried is what parents are supposed to be as this was not a controlled event. Good parenting high school mom, I am a mom of a elementary child and also was worried but I suppose the uneducated, unempathetic gretiever would not know about that.....
  • by Anonymous on Apr 7, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    Lockdowns. Conditioning for something bigger.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 7, 2011 at 12:25 PM
    Gretriever you are lame.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119407314 - kktv.com/a?a=119407314