District 49 tells us that two Falcon High School students were transported to the hospital Thursday morning after showing signs of an allergic reaction during a chemistry experiment.
The district says 125 students total were exposed to the experiment.
HAZMAT responded to check the chemicals used to make sure they weren't expired or that there was anything else unusual about them. At this time, D-49 says nothing out of the ordinary was found and a sulfur allergy is suspected.
The school is looking into how they can refine the experiments or help better ventilate the labs so this doesn't happen again.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.