Two young boys were playing with black powder Thursday morning when it exploded in a barbeque grill. Both boys suffered burns.
The Pueblo County Sheriff's Office tells 11 News that the 6 and 7 year old brothers found their father's black powder--which their parents thought was safely stored in the attic--then put it on the grill and ignited it, causing the explosion.
Early reports indicated that only one boy was hospitalized for his injuries, but the Sheriff's Office now says both were taken to Children's Hospital in Denver for burn treatment.
The incident happened in Pueblo West, on Caida Del Sol Drive.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.