Pueblo Hit-And-Run Suspect Surrenders

The suspect in a hit-and-run, which left one woman in serious condition, has turned himself in.

Rocky Valdez, of Pueblo, has been charged with careless driving and failure to remain at the scene after accident involving serious bodily injury. He turned himself in Wednesday.

The 53-year-old victim, identified as Barbara Jean Duran, was crossing the street at the 700 block of W. Northern on Nov. 19 when she was struck by the vehicle. Valdez allegedly kept driving westbound on Northern after hitting Duran.

Duran is currently in the ICU at Denver General. Her son, Ron Duran, told 11 News that she has already gone through six surgeries, with more expected. Doctors are uncertain if she will ever walk again.

• by Charley Location: Pueblo on Dec 1, 2011 at 04:56 PM
    I was run over in a hit and run walking into Albertsons. Fortunatley, she only took out my shoulder and blackened my entire body. I was concious enough to get her tag # and they later arrested her. She walked 2 years later... I'm disabled now at 58.
      by rita on Dec 2, 2011 at 08:23 AM in reply to Charley
      Attn Charley, So sorry for your misfortune I wish you the best!
  • by Internet toughguy real life wimp on Dec 1, 2011 at 03:58 PM
    This stuff happens in Pueblo. Whenever I hear of a violent crime or murder I know it's in Pueblo. Pueblo blows!
  • by rita on Dec 1, 2011 at 12:56 PM
    Attn "Sid" It is not my intention to "sue the station" that's ridiculous to even have such a thought. I was informed by the family that it was not reported by any news sation or newspaper. This family is going through a very hard time watching their loved one suffer from such a tragedy.I believe like "you", we are all intitled to our opion.
  • by Sammy Location: Colorado Springs on Dec 1, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    @Rita. It was in the news the day it happened. It is in the news again today because the guy turned himself in. Attacking the news outlet's "priorities" because you weren't paying attention to the news that day is so rude.
  • by unknown Location: se spgs on Nov 28, 2011 at 11:29 PM
    who cares. what you want to do now,,sue the tv station? so who says your news should be first? Sic!
  • by Francine Martinez on Nov 28, 2011 at 06:19 PM
    i hope they catch the person or persons who did this she is a sweet lady and deserve this justice
  • by Rita on Nov 28, 2011 at 01:16 PM
    Iwould like to know why it took nine days for this tragedy to hit the news? Seems like we should have diferent priorities when it comes to someones life? If I'm not mistaken it only took "overnight for a man having sex acts with a dog to hit the news stand. A woman's life is at stake and it took nine days?
      by vicky on Dec 1, 2011 at 03:23 PM in reply to Rita
      Rita your statements are accurate,to all you negative bloggers you need to get your facts straight & we definitly don*t need your negative opinions and to all who care and love my cousin, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!!!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 134617568 - kktv.com/a?a=134617568