Police: Man Dies Crossing Highway 50

A pedestrian was struck by a car while trying to cross Highway 50 in Pueblo Thursday night, closing the highway at Hudson Avenue while police conducted an investigation into the accident.

The 48-year-old victim, whose name is being withheld, died shortly after being transported to the hospital. Police say he is from Pueblo.

Pueblo police say the accident occurred just before 8 p.m. The initial investigation determined the victim was hit by a vehicle driven by a 39-year-old woman, also of Pueblo.

The highway reopened early Friday morning.

• by Abraham Location: Pueblo on Mar 23, 2012 at 07:58 AM
    Was the man's name ever released? I was curious, because I had just walked out of the Load 'n Jug when I saw a woman that looked like she was helping someone on the ground. It kind of upsets me I wasn't able to really do anything. My prayers go out to the family, whoever they are.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 26, 2012 at 07:15 PM
    memphis,how in the world could you hit someone and kill them at the intersection it's obvious to me that the LADY wasn't playing attention to what she was during and she should have been charged with something this whole thing wreaks of a coverup,this the first time in my 52 year history that some one could hit a citzen and not be charged with any thing not even a ticket!!!
  • by bro Location: pueblo on Jan 28, 2012 at 01:43 PM
    That's my bro,that was hit by some.that lady that had to be speeding to kill some,most people watch the light while attemping to cross a intersection.where's the witnessess to say she was'nt or was speeding diead don't talk.
  • by see on Jan 28, 2012 at 04:45 AM
    A car traveling 50MPH would send him 50 feet to the crosswalk dumb@$$ they all cross from those apartments to the big R and stay about 50-100 feet east of the crosswalk
  • by get real on Jan 28, 2012 at 04:35 AM
    This Guy was in a hurry to get across to the loaf N' jug or the liquor store to feed his buzz just like all the rest in that area. Probably baked on "medical" marijuana considering the area.
  • by Chaz Location: Denver on Jan 27, 2012 at 09:35 PM
    I have pics that show the blood stains where my uncle was killed..it was clear she either ran a light or was too busy texting and driving.. It was right at the cross walk!
  • by Brandi Location: Denver on Jan 27, 2012 at 08:48 PM
    You people are soo sick!! This man is my Uncle, and it was not his fault! You are inconsiderate jerks.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 27, 2012 at 04:00 PM
    Based off the comments on this stupid forum, the man is in a better place. I am sure there are no heartless smartass jerks in heaven. RIP.
  • by Kay on Jan 27, 2012 at 03:58 PM
    Family and friends of the victim, I hope your hearts heal soon. To everyone who has made a "funny" comment--shame on you. I am ashamed to even live in your zip code. Bored LOSERS. Think about your mothers, grandmas, fathers. Keep hiding behind your computers whaere you feel safe. I am certain those with the nasty comments are cowards and morons.
  • by Dee Location: Pueblo on Jan 27, 2012 at 02:27 PM
    @ Detroitgirl - My condolences to your family. I don't really like to read comments on articles anymore for this very fact. There are plenty of people in this city that are sorry for your family's loss. We are not insensitive like some of the posters here.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138179324 - kktv.com/a?a=138179324