One Killed In Overnight Crash

Speed and alcohol are the likely culprits behind a fatal accident overnight, according to the Pueblo Police Department.

Police say a 23-year-old man lost control of his Toyota Camry as he traveled northbound on the I-25 exit ramp at 1:43 a.m.. He collided with a guardrail, which sent his car rolling across eastbound lanes on Highway 50 before crashing into a GMC Yukon. The driver of the Camry was partially ejected and died at the scene.

The four Camry passengers--three women and a man--were all transported to Parkview Hospital. The women are all in serious condition.

The Yukon left the scene of the accident; the driver contacted officers hours later. She and her passenger, both 32-year-old women, sustained minor injuries.

The Yukon driver was arrested after police discovered she had three outstanding warrants.

• by @Anonymous 04:53 on Sep 13, 2011 at 05:01 PM
    Blah, Blah, Blah!
  • by @shorty on Sep 12, 2011 at 07:05 PM
    We're forgetting him because he was just another stupid drunk out driving around. No one cares about him, he's just another # to add to the other idiot drunk drivers out there. To bad, so sad!
      by Anonymous on Sep 13, 2011 at 03:53 PM in reply to @shorty
      u need to stop making stupid comments. he was a great person, father and husband. just cause u read something it isnt always true. so think twice before posting something stupid and hateful. cause if it was ur family u wouldnt want to read hateful remarks
  • by Dave Location: C/S on Sep 11, 2011 at 05:42 PM
    If alcohol wasn't involved, I'm sorry to all involved. If alcohol was involved, I'm relieved noone besides the people in the vehicle involved were injured or killed. There should be zero tolerence for drinking and driving period!
  • by Jim Location: C/S on Sep 11, 2011 at 05:19 PM
    Question......If alcohol absolutley wasn't involved, why does the story say it is suspected along with speed?
  • by ali on Sep 11, 2011 at 05:11 PM
    People do stupid things sometimes thats life. No one is perfect and everything happens for a reason. Yes it's sad, I knew him he lived two houses away from me when we were kids. People should have respect to not comment bad things, ya I know freedom of speech, but what comes around goes around. It will happen to you one way or another so becareful of the words you say. R.I.P Everette, will miss you. and p.s to everyone who didnt read the terms of use and privacy policy shame on you, you werent keeping nothing clean!
  • by Bernadette Location: Pueblo on Sep 11, 2011 at 02:29 PM
    To the ignorant people who are disrespecting my family. I have only 1 thing to say. If you have an issue with my brother you may present it to me @ mbjmscott@yahoo.com. I would be glad to meet you and show you what someone deserves. To those who know & loved my brother I thank you for the kind words because he truly was a diamond in the rough. He was gentle & Kind and was always there for who ever needed him to be. I would like for the individual who took pictures throw himself onto moving traffic. Just to let you all know my brothers blood alcohol content was not over the limit & it was told to my family it truly was an accident after all investigation was done. However to those injured we have been by all your families side & waited until every last one of the injured parties was listed as stable. I will say this why don't you show me who you are so I can hold you responsible for your disrespectful actions. I am sorry you are such a ignorant jerk and have alot of growing up still to do!!!!
  • by Jay Location: Springs on Sep 11, 2011 at 01:19 PM
    It takes anywhere from 2-8 weeks to get toxicology results, so I highly doubt the coroner said he was not drinking.
      by Bernadette on Sep 11, 2011 at 02:30 PM in reply to Jay
      your right but the blood alcohol content was not over the limit & the limit is very low.
  • by Desiree on Sep 11, 2011 at 03:07 AM
    I am so saddened that there are actually people in this community that would not only use this forum to publicly bash a young man that lost life without any real facts but others who stopped and took pictures of the accident to post on other websites...what does that say about us as a community? Although I know this is based on the actions of a few the lack of empathy or integrity these people have shown is embarrassing to the community as a whole..
  • by Desiree Location: Pueblo on Sep 11, 2011 at 02:34 AM
    this is such a tragedy for this young family..there have been some horrible and heartless comments on this forum about how they deserved what happened..no one deserves to lose a loved one. it saddens me to think that there are people in our community that are so willing to judge others without all of the facts..those who are behaving this way should be ashamed of themselves and I for one am embarrassed for you and your lack of compassion...
  • by Greg Location: Colorado Springs on Sep 11, 2011 at 02:09 AM
    I don't condone any type of bad choices that put others at risk, but I wasn't there, I don't know all the facts. It's sad to see that someone was killed. It's crazy how all that life that man built for himself was ended in a blink of an eye. Says alcohol likely but the story doesn't confirm it. For all I know his tire blew out and he wasn't wearing his seatbelt. God look over him, my heart to the family.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 129582368 - kktv.com/a?a=129582368