Neighborhood Watch Commended For Helping Solve Burglary

By: KKTV Email
By: KKTV Email

The Pueblo County Sheriff is commending the Pueblo West Neighborhood Watch Program and other residents who called to report tips that helped to catch a burglary suspect.

Deputies say the first tip was received on March 23. That person reported seeing a man in the 900 block of Calle de Caballos Dr., in Pueblo West, dropping off loads of items in the early hours of the morning.

Later that evening someone else called to report a suspicious truck in the 1100 block of E. Holiday Dr., also in Pueblo West. Deputies were sent to that area, and found the truck abandoned.

They patrolled the area and spotted a man, later identified as Gary Biby, 50, jumping the fence of a storage facility. Biby ran from the deputies and managed to escape at that time.

Deputies discovered, however, that the vehicle was registered to an address in the 900 block of Calle de Caballos Dr. With a search warrant, deputies found stolen property from several cases inside of the vehicle.

A warrant was issued for Biby’s arrest and he was eventually caught in the 500 Block of Acero Ave in the City of Pueblo. That arrest also led deputies to find additional stolen items, which were collected as evidence.

Detectives say they are working to identify and contact the owners of the stolen items, but so far they don’t know how many individual burglaries were committed.

The Sheriff’s Office says they expect additional felony charges and additional arrests in this case.

• by james biby Location: pueblo on Apr 8, 2012 at 12:47 PM
    Um upset with my dads actions.I'm 6 years old and the brother of lacey and Elizabeth biby.I'm very very very mad sad
  • by cathy juan Location: denver on Apr 8, 2012 at 05:30 AM
    This is a man who looks like he's been doin drugs and probly has.maby he does need to go to jail.oh ya I'm sorry to the family memmbers to the family of Gary biby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • by cathy juan Location: denver on Apr 7, 2012 at 08:28 PM
  • by lacey biby Location: pueblo on Apr 7, 2012 at 08:15 PM
    This is my dad in jail.I'm only 11;this is very bad for him.I'm not the only one who is upset with his actions.
  • by tina Location: pueblo on Apr 4, 2012 at 09:11 PM
    this is my brother and I am sorry that my nieces and nephew have to see their dad like this. I hope one day my brother will find peace and may god forgive him for his sins.
      by lacey on Apr 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM in reply to tina
      Hi aunt tuna are u sad cuz me and James are very
  • by Elizabeth Location: Pueblo on Apr 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    This is my dad I just want to say I am upset with all this he has been doing- I've been trying to keep himout of trouble and he just doesnt wanna stay outta trouble and do right in life- I hope one day he can change...
  • by Lorelei on Apr 4, 2012 at 07:39 AM
    Ahhhh..the faces of meth...
      by LedHed on Apr 4, 2012 at 08:22 AM in reply to Lorelei
      Nice cover shot for "The Meth-Chef's Cookbook".
        by lacey on Apr 9, 2012 at 01:18 PM in reply to LedHed
        ledhead thats my dad ur talking about so shush ur mouth
  • by Juan on Apr 3, 2012 at 07:09 PM
    He looks like a bad guy.
  • by Juan on Apr 3, 2012 at 07:09 PM
    He looks like a bad guy.
  • by rodney on Apr 3, 2012 at 07:07 PM
    Bet Zimmerman wishes he was there instead!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 146026045 - kktv.com/a?a=146026045