You can get a free screening for cancer today at a Pueblo hospital.
The Dorcy Cancer Center at St. Mary Corwin-Medical Center is offering free oral, head, and neck cancer screenings.
It is being held from 4 to 7 pm. To schedule an appointment call 719-557-4548.
Oral, head and neck cancer is cancer that arises in the head or neck region, including the nasal cavity, sinuses, lips, mouth, salivary glands, throat, or larynx (voice box). Signs and symptoms may include:
• A sore in your mouth that doesn’t heal or increases in size
• Persistent pain in your mouth
• Lumps or white or red patches inside your mouth
• Thickening of your cheek
• Difficulty chewing or swallowing or moving your tongue
• Difficulty moving your jaw, or swelling or pain in your jaw
• Soreness in your throat or feeling that something is caught in your throat
• Pain around your teeth, or loosening of your teeth
• Numbness of your tongue or elsewhere in your mouth
• Changes in your voice
• A lump in your neck
• Bad breath
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.