Woman Distraught After Fire In Childhood Home

To join the conversation on this story and others, "like" our KKTV 11 News Facebook page!

A Pueblo woman is distraught after a fire started in her childhood home.

When the house fire was first reported, police told 11 News that the home was vacant. 11 News has learned that the owner had just moved out, and his family was trying to figure out what to do with it. His sister tells 11 News that while no one is currently living in the house, it's where she and her brother grew up.

Her brother currently owns the home, located near the intersection of Pine and Summit in Pueblo, because the siblings' parents are deceased.

The fire started around 3:30 a.m. Friday in the basement and spread from there. The exact extent of damage is unknown, but firefighters say fire has made it too dangerous for anyone to go inside at the moment, including investigators.

Firefighters got the fire under control within an hour.

KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.

If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.

powered by Disqus
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 225492722 - kktv.com/a?a=225492722
Gray Television, Inc.